Kerbal Space Program

Soldato
Finding it really hard to actually get to places like Mun. I can launch and orbit without a problem on a fairly simple rocket but getting the heading and speed right to make 'contact' with somewhere i'm really having trouble with

Man of Honour
To hit planets you need to go at a certain heading mun is 90 or 180 hdg.
As for sped that's easy, change to map view and cut once your orbit extend just past the mun.

As there's no oxygen or power ATM, timing is not important. Put it to max time shift and eventually they will meet.

Anyone been following 0.16 update its looking awesome. I hope it's out soon.

Man of Honour
What can we expect in 0.16?

EVA:)
scaled.php

Complenty remodeled parts, balanced and looks
umych.png

Kerbals running around the construction buildings (although just for looks ATM)
scaled.php

Internal view of command modules
eglvr.jpg

ld7cf.jpg

Create new particle effects
LFE effect - Done
Small LFE effect - Done
SRB effect - Done in 0.15.1
Small SRB effect - Done
Light smoke effect - More in progress-er
Heavy smoke effect - More in progress-er
Explosion effects - Basically done
Modified explosion logic - Cancelled - will come some other time Actually coming after all!
New decoupler effect - Done in 0.15.1

maybe
A much improved parts catalogue UI on the construction scenes.

Last edited:
Associate
Great little summary Glaucus, of KSP.16 features! :)

Really excited myself, its (F5) every 2-3 hours, for extra snippets of information, even at work. I'd estimate another few weeks.
Squad, seem to be taking the same approach as Valve. "Its done, when its done." Which I like a lot! :)

Beside's, I am a Volunteer Test Subject, so I get to beta test the new versions before other members! :D
Role on Beta testing!

An before you's start asking, I wont be leaking information on this Forum. At this time, I know as much as you do!

Last edited:
Soldato
it's not a speed demon, that's for sure, but it's stable enough in the air!

i thought i'd get fancy and add rockets instead of jets, went to fly it and the sides fell off on take off.

http://i.imgur.com/29cxu.jpg

added struts everywhere to stiffen it up (ooerrr) and now one side falls off before i can even get going!

http://i.imgur.com/LqT8K.jpg

Please keep images below the 1024px limit.

:sadfais:

Associate
FFS. I was so damn close, then the moon outran me when i ran out of fuel :([/QUOangeTE]

It out ran you?
Your blue line, indicating orbit path, needs to stretch past the mun, how far depends on the muns position.
Once you stretch past the mun, throttle down to 10%, an watch for the line to change colour an shape. As the orbit prediction system kicks in it should change orange. Thats good. Red is escape.

Back
Top Bottom