Kerbal Space Program

Associate
I wondered why it was all going boobs up when I tried to order it thinking 1 was first!

Its primarily a space sim.
So like the NASA lauch count down, Staging takes the same que.
So 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, Lift-Off..
5 been First, 1 been Last.

Gears = G Default.
Great little flying HotRod, but whats it like for distance, turning circle?

Welcome to the party, djshauny1.
Be sure to register for the Official KSP Forms, for the latest information.

Man of Honour
YYYYIIIIIPPPPEEEEEE, finally made it to the sun, or will do in a few days, still got two tanks of fuel left. Wonder what orbit that will put me in. Next attempt is try and park it in the centre off the sun. Need a higher time warp though. wonder how long it will take at just x1000

38874722.jpg

Man of Honour
need some help.
I have 15 rocket engines on outer ring and 9 on inner ring. I'm trying to get those 15's fuel tanks to drain in to the inner 9. But what ever I do, i seem to end up with 6 out of those 15 stacks having fuel left, when the other 9 have drained into the inner 9.

Is there away around this? I cant work it out.
I thought some bi-directional cross feeds across the entire 15 outer stacks would even it up, but apparently not.

Man of Honour
Not to the top, I've connected bottom to bottom, then on each off the outer stacks conected them bi-directionaly to each other.

I don't think I have room to connect bottom to top.

Got inner stack off 3xstacks of 10fuel+tiny rocket engine, then second ring is 9stacks of 4 fuel tanks + gimbaling rocket. Now that works fine as 9 in to 3 works out even. Then I have an outer ring of 15 stacks of 4fuel+big rocket engines, trying to drain in to those inner 9, that doesn't work as its not even. It's a beast though, have 27fuel tanks left at kerbin escape velocity(ie sun orbit).
Could get even more efficiency if I could sort this out, and then i could add another ring.
But it's so hard just placing parts with lack of room.

I probably should just wait for next update, with the bigger parts.

Last edited:
Associate
need some help.
I have 15 rocket engines on outer ring and 9 on inner ring. I'm trying to get those 15's fuel tanks to drain in to the inner 9. But what ever I do, i seem to end up with 6 out of those 15 stacks having fuel left, when the other 9 have drained into the inner 9.

Is there away around this? I cant work it out.
I thought some bi-directional cross feeds across the entire 15 outer stacks would even it up, but apparently not.

The fuel draining system, is completely knackered in KSP.15.2 :(
There is a bug somewhere, that is causing fuel to drain incorrectly, an there is nothing we can do in this build, its literally wait too KSP 16, an during Beta testing we will inform the Developers to fix it!
I encoured this bug, but couldn't pin point the source, I tried reporting it, but..

Associate
Can't believe I only discovered this great game today, it's brilliant! I've managed to get into a fairly stable orbit so far with a fairly conventional 2 stage rocket, time to start playing with it now. Next stop, the Mun!

Associate
Can't believe I only discovered this great game today, it's brilliant! I've managed to get into a fairly stable orbit so far with a fairly conventional 2 stage rocket, time to start playing with it now. Next stop, the Mun!

Welcome to the party.
Be sure to check out the official forums an register.
Also you will find all the latest information on the latest build (KSP. 16) Thats still in development. Please remember this is still an ALPHA game, so is buggy an unoptimised.
It makes my 5GHz i5 2500K, beg for mercy at 1-2FPS with a big enough craft. :eek:

Remember youtube is your friend to learn quickly, but more fun by crashing. Dont worry, there is an endless supply of Kerbals. ;)
Any questions feel free to ask, an pictures of your craft are always welcomed.
Happy Launching.

Associate
Thanks, been having great fun trying to get close to the moon, haven't made it yet but I will :). One question, are addons only available once the game is purchased?

Edit: Answered my own question from reading the forums, downloaded IF&E (If that means anything) and can't believe how great it is. I already thought the game was brilliant with the stock content, now it's even better. I'll definitely give them the $15.

One more question, is this orbital speed calculator still accurate? It was made in 2011 so I'm a bit sceptical. http://files.arklyffe.com/orbcalc.html

Last edited:
Associate
Hi deko.
Firstly I am a Purist, ie only use official parts.
Granted many of the mods look amazing, I honestly think stock parts are enough, plus it guarantees compatibility with craft files an community projects, So I cant anwser any mod questions, sorry.

As for $15, its been confirmed that with the expected KSP 16 built, the price is been raised to $18..
Order soon guys.

Any specifics, your struggling with or dont understand an I will try to help.
Just ask.

Associate
Hi deko.
Firstly I am a Purist, ie only use official parts.
Granted many of the mods look amazing, I honestly think stock parts are enough, plus it guarantees compatibility with craft files an community projects, So I cant anwser any mod questions, sorry.

As for $15, its been confirmed that with the expected KSP 16 built, the price is been raised to $18..
Order soon guys.

Any specifics, your struggling with or dont understand an I will try to help.
Just ask.

Hi, thanks for your reply. I managed to get to the munn and get home with a 3rd party rocket, so now I'm going back to the standard content to try and accomplish it now, it's gonna be a lot harder :).

Soldato
anyone know how to stop it running at 1FPS (or less) when you've HUGE ROCKETS?
changing graphics/aa to low/none etc doesn't make ANY difference?

Back
Top Bottom