Keyboard doesn't work in boot menu

Soldato
Hi there,
Got a new problem now thats only started today :(

When i turn my PC on, i can use the DEL button to get into BIOS, and pressing F12 takes me into the boot menu. That all works fine.

ATM i'm dual booting XP and Win 7 so i get a choice of which OS i want to boot into. When the selection comes up my keyboard stops working. No buttons work at all! Automatically boots me into Win 7 and as Win 7 doesn't have drivers for my wireless adapter I have no internet connection :(

Any ideas on how to fix this? :)

Cheers

Soldato
If that doesn't work, is it a USB keyboard? If so look to enable legacy USB in the BIOS; perhaps you inadvertently changed it while mucking around? On some BIOS you might need to set "Plug and play aware OS?" to "No" to accomplish basically the same thing.

Soldato
OP
cheers. Got it working now. There was an option in the peripherals bit in BIOS about having a USB keyboard enabled. That was disabled for some reason. Sorted now though :)

Associate
0.0001 of a second or something similar

The more options you have disabled the faster the startup into windows. The only one you really need is boot from hard drive for primary and the rest disabled, that's where more time is lost but it's very very small

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Disable "everything" else?

Lol don't do that...

Unless you mean all other boot options just the drive as 1st boot? won't make a diff still as the 1st boot drive will boot and the 2nd setting onwards ignored unless the 1st boot device fails to boot!

Saving the most time is setting OS drive to 1st boot. Every other option will reduce POST by a minimal amount only. AHCI and RAID controllers will only be enabled if you use them so they're not really an "option" to disable since it's very much needed. AHCI detection is fast anyway.

Back
Top Bottom