• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

KFA2 Saga continues, offered 970 4GB HOF as substitute for 6GB 780?

Soldato
It is good you got the 980. When approaching these matters it is best to give reasons why the replacement is not good enough, instead of saying 'i paid this much almost three years ago and should get this much back!'. Despite what people think, if you have had the item for a reasonable amount of time and it has had a reasonable amount of use, then you are entitled to either a repair or replacement/refund at the value of your item with consideration to use and this choice is dictated by them unless they ask you. This is well within trading standards and most companies take this approach (I have worked in the tech industry and one of my roles have been for returns and RMA approvals).

If you ring up and start mentioning the full price you think you are entitled to, then it lets you seem like you are just trying to take what you can get rather than replace an item of which you require. Take the approach that makes you seem you are after satisfaction more than economical worth and the companies are far more likely to give you a newer better model as you will likely be a pleased returning customer rather than one that rings up for a pay cheque to get the current model.

The person at the other end of the phone is not paying you out of his pocket and his performance is measured by both customer satisfaction and intelligence shown when deciding whether the person is taking you for a ride or not. They want to offer what they can and is far more likely to make the phone call to his manager for authorisation to give out a little more if you are reasonable, patient and co-operative. This doesn't mean you cant be firm but rather, you should also be fair. Too many times have i seen customers go crazy and rage calling for manager after manager, expecting to work his way up to the queen until he can make a royal formal complaint, just so he can get what he can take. This sort of approach will end in a partial refund with a gift voucher and you would have probably ruined a few peoples days in the process.

You did well to mention the Vram to them and your needs as this will likely be the reason they went the extra mile to give you the 980. sure being aggressive can get you somewhere if the other person jsut doesnt want to put the effort in to deal with you but it could just as easily go the other way because they dont want to deal with you.

Back
Top Bottom