Kicking my body clock into order?

Soldato
You all seem to be over-engineering the solution to this problem. Just go to bed when you want to and get up when you need to, regardless of what time you're going to bed you'll soon get used to getting up early and going to bed at a reasonable time.

You are exactly right. The solution is very simple, you'll just need some mental strength.

Associate
Ive always found that after pulling an al nighter what with uni coursework etc i try my best to keep awake till like 9-10pm or something similar and go to sleep then till about 9-10 the next day to really recharge!

Though when i have nothing to do i sometimes sleep too much, which may sound odd but i find if im not tired the day before and sleep about 10 odd hours i feel wasted when i get up, so tired and no energy to do anything, feel crap all day until the evening until i really wake up, which is odd, cuz i love sleep but too much of it seems to bad for me lol!

So just stay up as long as possible during the day then get to bed at a reasonably early time to reset yourself, but make sure you dont sleep too late into the day otherwise you'll end up going to bed later and later again! ;)

Soldato
You all seem to be over-engineering the solution to this problem. Just go to bed when you want to and get up when you need to, regardless of what time you're going to bed you'll soon get used to getting up early and going to bed at a reasonable time.

I never really want to go to bed though, I don't like it when my day is over so I push the chore ( sleeping) forward....

I don't need to get up until 6 pm for work, so on holidays like now when I don't go to uni, I sleep all day...

Caporegime
I have worked nights for the past 4 years or so, I've found that trying to alter my clock back to "normality" and then going back to my night shift pattern simply does not work.

At weekends, I tend to stay up all night and simply Catnap to get through the day to get by, I long to go back onto days, its weird feeling ready for bed around 8AM!

Soldato
It's all about food.

Studies on Jetlag suggest that if you eat your meals at the regular times, your body will adjust easier.

So get up early, eat breakfast pre 9, eat lunch pre 1pm, eat dinner (or tea if you are a real man from up norf) pre 7pm.

The studies I've seen indicate if you *Don't eat*, pre and during flight, but eat a good hearty 'breakfast' and continue to eat regular after arrival the effects of jet lag can be diminished or in some cases removed..

Soldato
I tried staying up all night... didn't work - got bored at 6AM and went to bed, ruining mine even more.

I guess just wake yourself up at 7/8am(or w/e time you want to get up) and go from there...

Soldato
Afternoon naps and get up before 3PM then allows you to sleep normally at night, you have to be strict with yourself though, no continual 1 hour+ naps.

Associate
If your Bodyclock is off by quite a margin, then do an all-nighter avoiding too much suger and cafffine, then go to bed at like 8:30PM or something the next day then set an alarm for 7. All sorted.

I always find it's food that cocks up my body clock. I was eating quite healthy before and had little energy.. however as of breaking up from College I went on an unhealthy eating spree and the general **** I've been eating has provided me far too much energy and I end up staying up till like 4am not feeling tired at all....then wake up at like 11am-12am.

<,<

Soldato
My body clock is all over the place too atm. I woke up at 6am thursday morning and stayed awake until about 16.00, then slept right through NYE and woke up at 6.30am this morning. It's all over the place and it takes a little dedication to getting back to normal.

This week alone, my times have ranged from going to bed at 10.00am, waking at 23.00 to going to bed at 20.00 and waking at 6.00am. I blame no work :D

Back
Top Bottom