KILL IT WITH FIRE

Caporegime
Can spiders adapted for indoor living survive outside?

I just leave them be in my home unless they're stuck in my bath. In that case, I get them out and put them on the floor. Picking them up is a no-no, but small ones can be coaxed onto a few sheets of toilet roll as a sort of hammock and big ones can be left to find their own way out of the bath by draping a longer strand of sheets of toilet roll over the side of the bath as a sort of ladder. Spiders eat flies and other manky things and house spiders in the UK aren't dangerous, so I count them as an overall benefit to me. I hardly ever see any in the bedroom, even where there are plenty downstairs, so it's all good.

Use an upside down glass and a sheet of paper, works great and you get to have a wee peek at the little soldier before setting him free.

//In rural areas in Saffrica we were always taught to check our shoes in the mornings because scorpions love sleeping in them, and certain types can kill in minutes.

Soldato
Spiders are always a good opportunity for some macro photography :)

y4mKqj0zCAejpC4ASwYb7rejsS1XNSjseD6Ch7rbfekNn07PLB6jV5ZI2e4VKnJFyoP9mIHJymZ3bOkofbBeeiM1WNO4QPkNg7VjrcEO2vE-vdlPgobCzUvkG9rHwNON_N_p2YvAQpSSgV-JKMgFGQfFfi1NqSLbRDl51fnDra0pOObgwF75UBH5_ByHyAIQt_zMCfxE1BzlrPU9whobf_4kw

Even our cat wouldn't eat this one!

Soldato
My outhouse toilet is covered floor to ceiling with dead, and presumably some living spiders.

And that's my evidence for why humans(most of us) are the only intelligent creatures on this planet. A human goes into a room and see's loads of dead humans, it leaves the room. Spider goes into my outhouse, see's hundreds of dead spiders and still makes it home.

clearly the overlord of the spiders has taken up residence in your outhouse and is just biding his time while feeding on his minions :eek:

Soldato
This is my gym spider which lives in the corner, taken tonight as he's recently shed and grown. I guess it's his answer to 'do you even lift bro'.

Plenty of false widows too but not worth snapping.

xoHs4Yg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom