Kill Weeds forever

Man of Honour
My car is due a service I suppose I could ask the mechanic to fill a bucket then fill up the plastic bottles the new oils come in once they have been emptied into the car. But had it just been serviced not ideal.

I was thinking more along the lines of having oil on your driveway. It would be effective at killing the weeds though! I think your better off leaving the weeds if you go down this route though :p

If you do decide on this strategy, please post pictures.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I was thinking more along the lines of having oil on your driveway. It would be effective at killing the weeds though! I think your better off leaving the weeds if you go down this route though :p

If you do decide on this strategy, please post pictures.

it's not for the drive. it's for a patch on the side. i'm going to oil it then put tarpaulin then bark over the top. i was going to salt it but if i can get the oil for free then might as well use oil as it will do the job better than salt.

the driveway will be getting gallup 360 2-3 times a year - cheapest option.

Man of Honour
it's not for the drive. it's for a patch on the side. i'm going to oil it then put tarpaulin then bark over the top. i was going to salt it but if i can get the oil for free then might as well use oil as it will do the job better than salt.

the driveway will be getting gallup 360 2-3 times a year - cheapest option.

In that case, oil the hell out of those weeds. Salt will wash away quickly.

Associate
High powered jet wash, sodium hypochlorite, sand the joints again and seal with two coats of Resiblock.

Not cheap but it'll get the job done.

Man of Honour
Put some salt down at the weekend, having looked yesterday I'm sure the weeds have doubled in size :confused:, looks like more extreme measures are required.
Probably due to all the lovely rain, unless you put a literal ton of salt down it'll have been washed away and the weeds will be enjoying all the water.

Soldato
vinegar with as much salt it in before it starts to settle + a dash of washing up liquid sprayed all over weeds and weed growing areas, you need to do it late in the evening and make sure it will not rain for a few days (you cannot spray it after rain either)

Soldato
I bought a bottle of that Gallup 360 stuff off Amazon that everyone raves about. My garden is full of willow herb, spiky thistle type thing, and loads of small sycamore trees about knee high at most. Will this kill the sycamore too? I'm sick of them keep growing back up after they have been cut down.

I soaked the garden in the stuff with a pump bottle sprayer knapsack thing on Tuesday evening and again on Wednesday evening. The willow herb is already starting to go yellow and droop a bit, the thistles and sycamore are still the same.

Soldato
I bought a bottle of that Gallup 360 stuff off Amazon that everyone raves about. My garden is full of willow herb, spiky thistle type thing, and loads of small sycamore trees about knee high at most. Will this kill the sycamore too? I'm sick of them keep growing back up after they have been cut down.

I soaked the garden in the stuff with a pump bottle sprayer knapsack thing on Tuesday evening and again on Wednesday evening. The willow herb is already starting to go yellow and droop a bit, the thistles and sycamore are still the same.

It takes a week or two to work.

Soldato
I really need to do my driveway and patios, picked up a couple large bags of salt.

Do you need to remove all the current weeds first or can you put the salt down as is and will kill them all off?

Back
Top Bottom