Killing Eve

Soldato
no updates ? So did everyone give up on this .... just returned to it at episode 6 and .... so boring.

what were the UK viewing figures - initially 5million, but did people really stay.?
they renewed it, seemingly on the basis of the USA 'succcess' and their ratings that increased - but there were only 500k viewers in comparison, so WTH

Killing Eve also has people flocking to their cable guides to find BBC America, and in this day and age of audience's fading interest in a swell of television options, Killing Eve is doing something extraordinary: it's getting more popular. BBC America hasn't had a hit like this on its hands since the first season of Orphan Black.

In Live+3 ratings, Killing Eve has increased its ratings in the 18-49 demo each week through its first seven episodes (the show's eighth episode is the Season 1 finale, which will certainly continue the trend), according to Deadline. Total viewers tells a similar story, with only one minor increase (a paltry 1 percent, which most shows would die to have) in Episode 5. That destroys the common trend of shows peaking with their premiere before fading out of existence as the season continues.

.... what was orphan black ?

Soldato
I enjoyed this, binged it on iPlayer.

Orphan Black is very good too, this one girls plays multiple different aliases of herself that are clones. Sounds a bit cheesy, and is a bit weird at first, but the main actor pulls it off really well in the end.

Soldato
I think playing crazy is probably quite easy in comparison to the character arc that Sandra Oh's character went through. I think SO's performance is miles better than Jodie Comer's.

Soldato
SAG does seem to have a reputation for always bet on black
[non definitive https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...h-Viola-Davis-Uzo-Aduba-prove-triumphant.html
would they they take Spaceys away ? ]
but, cannot see how the nominees are selected ... anyone ?
was Doctor Who considered, personally don't think it deserved one, but teenage adolescent viewers would beg to differ ?

Nonetheless Sandra's character had some depth, self-deprecation, realism, raport with husband, much less of a robot, than Terminatoresque Jodie ... but maybe they can only work within the parameters of their script...

Soldato
Given it won several BAFTA's, are these awards really just given to popular tv shows ? so susceptible to the advertising publicity broadcasting companies create ?
to boot , the bbc also created publicity following its prior usa release, I had read an article about prime-positioning of shows on iplayer web site too.

I would have sooner awarded No Offence, but, it was not as popular.

Bafta web site does not help much http://www.bafta.org/television/awards

Soldato
Comer was brilliant as far as I'm concerned. Well deserved.

Killing Eve really was a good show.

Was anyone else shocked when Comer started her speech at the Baftas? I've obviously heard her speak in her characters voice from Killing Eve, and my partner had seen her in Doctor Foster? With a real posh accent. We were both not expecting a strong scouse accent (wasn't aware she was from Liverpool).

Commissario
I wasn’t surprised because I’d read before that she’s a Scouser. It just goes to show how good an actress she is, she totally nailed the accents she did in Killing Eve.

Soldato
No love for this? I've just finished episode 7 of season 2. Different story arc than the first series and not 100% sure about it some cracking bits though. And Jodie Comer :).

Soldato
I've only watched 5 episodes and I can hardly be bothered to watch the last 3. Jodie Comer is brilliant but the series (so far) is a let down compared to S1. I thought one of the main plot lines continuing from where it left off would be Eve's shady boss but nothing... :/

Soldato
After season 1 I was very worried they were making a season 2. A couple of key characters died and I though where can it really go now.

I knew they would have to use staling tactics to keep Villanelle and Eve apart but after the first episode and the hospital I thought oh this could be quite good. But I am past the halfway point now and the nightclub and Amsterdam stuff is just pretty poor and filler really. I hope it picks up again for the end.

Associate
Feel the same S2 is a let down compared to the first.Apparently there is a different writer in the driving seat now and it shows.

There is no really story or plot just lots of random killing and have ended up back at the end of S1 with the roles reversed./SPOILER]

Back
Top Bottom