US: Killjoys - New sci-fi show.

Don
Just finished S1 on netflix and a little surprised S2 is not available there....is that available from any legit service? Amazon only have it as paid content.

SyFy has just signed a deal with Sky to appear on the NowTV platform, so chances are they are waiting to load it as a boxset on there when it goes live.

Associate
I'll try my luck on catch up later, it is listing S2 on Sky's website with watch and download options. Last time I tried that on Sky player though with WestWorld I had to give up as they would only offer 480p even though I would have got HD if I watched/recorded live.

Associate
Although I initially liked the show, I just can't gel with it anymore. The fight scenes are not very well done and I just can't buy into the main female lead, all the willing suspension of disbelief in the world can't convince me to take her seriously as this kick-butting merc. I would much rather this have got canned than Dark matter.

Although I initially liked the show, I just can't gel with it anymore. The fight scenes are not very well done and I just can't buy into the main female lead, all the willing suspension of disbelief in the world can't convince me to take her seriously as this kick-butting merc. I would much rather this have got canned than Dark matter.

It needs to stop taking itself so seriously, Dark Matter was much better at getting the balance right.

Associate
Plus Dark Matter had a better mix of characters. I know a lot of scifi is guilty of it but Killjoys really feels like the plot would make up whatever it wants to fuel a story/explain away a problem.

Permabanned
You can always tell a good quality science fiction programme by the channel it's on. This is on the Sy Fy channel and this tells me that it's probably total rubbish. I am yet to see anything produced or featured on this channel that has been any good. Ancient Star Trek TNG being an exception but that has not aged well.

Pretty much true for 99% of Sy Fy shows, not Expanse though, thats a stick with it one. ;)

Ah wait, resurrected an ancient comment. :p

Back
Top Bottom