Kitchen Appliances

Associate
Hi all, having a new kitchen and going to have all new appliances. Only thing is not 100% who the goto makes are any more. Want something mid range I think.

Current washer is Beko and that's slowly dieing now but at a decent age, fridge is LG which has been fine.

Kitchen planner has currently selected Zanussi just so we could lock in the price + discounts etc but we can change anything upto we give an order date.

I wouldn't buy appliances from the kitchen company. Get the model numbers and check for prices online to compare. The same for worktops, they'll likely charge you lots more than getting them done separately.

Also Zanussi is an Electrolux brand, a bit meh. Avoid AEG.

Take a look at Netflix or Siemens ideally. Take a look online or see if kitchen places have ex-demo deals.

I would go with LG or Bosch. LG is South Korean, Bosch is German, although they manufacture some models in Poland. I would say these brands have superior design, engineering and build quality. I've had LG and Bosch appliances and they've been good.

Zanussi I believe is Italian. My perception would be they aren't as good, but I've never owned one. You would be supporting the EU by buying though.

What appliances will you be buying?

I wouldn't buy appliances from the kitchen company. Get the model numbers and check for prices online to compare. The same for worktops, they'll likely charge you lots more than getting them done separately.

Also Zanussi is an Electrolux brand, a bit meh. Avoid AEG.

Take a look at Netflix or Siemens ideally. Take a look online or see if kitchen places have ex-demo deals.

Typo? Neff?

Last edited:
For the OP i've kind of gone full circle and seem to have found that cheaper brands like Whirlpool/Beko/Hisense seem to be absolutely fine and don't perform any worse than the higher end brands. I see Samsung have also entered the oven game after moving into washing machines a few years back. They always look decent too.

I've decided i'm just going with what i prefer the look of and if a £300 oven needs replacing it's not a big deal. The last house i spent around £800 each on Smeg oven/microwave and didn't find them particularly great. Similarly with Bosch in the previous house.

Last edited:
Hi all, having a new kitchen and going to have all new appliances. Only thing is not 100% who the goto makes are any more. Want something mid range I think.

Current washer is Beko and that's slowly dieing now but at a decent age, fridge is LG which has been fine.

Kitchen planner has currently selected Zanussi just so we could lock in the price + discounts etc but we can change anything upto we give an order date.

We have Bosch everything except the cooker hood which is Smeg. Previous owners fitted the kitchen and we only brought the washing machine. Bosch have been pretty reliable, our last washing machine was eight years old when moved and this one is only two.

TBH when I was looking for ours, I came to the conclusion that they're all much of a muchness. Find the features you want, then find one with a decent warranty. The bigger names are more likely to have parts to self repair after this though I'd say.

Any item you're considering, check who the parent company is & if they have other brand names under the same parent, as likely they're almost exactly the same, but at a different price point for a different brand name. For example, Zannussi & AEG are part of the electrolux parent company. I bought an AEG cooker hood as the airflow/noise ratings were really good, but bought a zannussi induction hob, as the ratings for the rings were identical to the AEG version, but at a much lower price. Although they're different brands, the IR control for the hood from the hob works fine too, even though they're different brands (it essentially turns the hood on & changes speed according to hob temperature. I very rarely ever touch the hood controls because of it).

Some things like ovens are probably harder to quantify, as the consitency of the temperature throughout etc isn't something you can find before you buy, but is more likely to be good on the more expensive brands (One of the reasons we went with Neff)

I would go with LG or Bosch. LG is South Korean, Bosch is German, although they manufacture some models in Poland. I would say these brands have superior design, engineering and build quality. I've had LG and Bosch appliances and they've been good.

We have Bosch everything except the cooker hood which is Smeg. Previous owners fitted the kitchen and we only brought the washing machine. Bosch have been pretty reliable, our last washing machine was eight years old when moved and this one is only two.

Yup I buy Bosch white goods, all been great, last dishwasher was about 15 years old.

Typo? Neff?
Haha yeah, Neff indeed (not Netflix).

Bosch dishwasher are great. Just get a series 4 on offer. Don't get one with the top cutlery drawer as it limits the height of dinner plates on the bottom row and first shelf.

Standard 2 shelf ones win with a cutlery basket.

How big are your plates?! I've got a Neff with that cutlery drawer and the middle shelf adjusts up/down to accommodate larger items in the lower section.

Unless you were loading up humongous plates or 28" pans and needed space for tall glasses in the middle shelf, it all seems perfectly capable.

Back
Top Bottom