1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kitchen Trends

Discussion in 'Home and Garden' started by immy, Apr 25, 2018.

1. -Ad-

Capodecina

Hate the J-handle things. Can't fit my fingers in it properly, when i do they get caught, can twist, sometimes slip out. Like you said a pain to open certain things.

Just ripping out our 18 month Pronorm (rad pipe upstairs went and flooded the kitchen/units) and putting in a Leicht handless one in the summer. Will get a build thread up.

2. Marvt74

Capodecina

Ooops :(

[​IMG]

Admittedly this is our current kitchen and we're moving soon!

To be fair, everyone that viewed our house said they loved the kitchen, even though they didn't expect to.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  3. immy

Gangster

Have these currently, and probably gonna get the same opening mechanism in the new kitchen.

4. fastwunz

Mobster

Just don’t but a flippin gloss white plastic doctors surgery kitchen that every single man and his bleedin dog bought over the past 10 years.

They look cheap, tacky and pretty chavy. To finish off the effect, buy some stupid signs with stupid platitudes like ‘family makes a home’ and ‘smile like you mean it’ etc etc etc etc etc.

Yuk.

Go for timber if you can like oak or an equivalent engineered wood

5. Bes

Soldato

We went for a shaker style kitchen as I personally think it is something that will not go out of fashion. Then again our house is Edwardian so it works. If I had a newer build, it would not be suitable. Handle-less, white gloss, etc. is all a bit faddy I think.

6. the_r_sole

Mobster

It'd need to come into fashion to be able to go out of fashion :D

7. GSXRMovistar

Sgarrista

Best bit of advice in this thread, go with what you like not what others say you should.
    Hehe that case you will love my kitchen, bottom units aren't white but top ones are. My dog an I quite like it. :p
    [​IMG]

Honestly not worth worrying what others think and if your own tastes change then swap it out, nothing needs to be forever.

8. immy

Gangster

is that dove grey on the bottom?

looks good.

9. GSXRMovistar

Sgarrista

IIRC it was Pale Sky, a very light blue/grey.

10. -Ad-

Capodecina

Looks like miserable Aberdeen grey sky to me :p

Love the colour names in home interiors, we've just grabbed a new paint sample called 'dinner jacket' :D

11. Freddie1980

Soldato

We're moving out kitchen into the garage and we will be having a handleless kitchen with matte finish. My opinion is your should go with a design that's in keeping with the type of home you have, for example modern handaleless designs would look out of place in a country cottage IMO. I would avoid the so called handleless designs which incorporate a grove in the door itself (J handle I believe is the name of the design). You might also want to consider putting handles on tall units especially on integrated fridges or fridge/freezers.

12. fastwunz

Mobster

admitedly that does look pretty great :)

13. GabriellePeake

Associate

2 years have passed and it still looks gorgeous. this may be called all-time classic. My kitchen is made in pretty similar style, however I do have some bright accents which I'm trying to change every year. Speaking about accents, I literally mean bright plates, cups, appliances. Kitchen appliances in general should be changed every 5 years(max). Besides, the last thing I've changed was fondue pots set. It was just white, now it is Cuisinart FP-115RS Cast Iron Fondue Set and it's kinda bright and colorful. Look at this pot, it's red. I've discovered all necessary info on well fed blog. If you need to change something or just search for a reliable source with reviews, you can find more info here. Good luck!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  14. 200sols

Mobster

Looks a bit sterile to me. No character at all :D

15. TheOracle

Capodecina

Were going for handleless, light grey matte finish on our new kitchen.

There is one cupboard where the draw handle ever so slightly catches on the washing machine door. Handless will remove this problem.

I've designed it myself :D