Poll: Knives & Forks, left hand vs right hand

How do you hold your knife and fork?

• Total voters
Soldato
Proper way. Right handed.

I’ll use the fork in my right hand for single implement tasks though; yummy spaghetti for example :D

right handed but use the fork in my right hand - makes perfect sense to me.
I need the most dexterity for the fork so i use my most dexterous hand.

When not using a knife, it’s acceptable to switch hands. You need less dexterity for most things using a fork, it just stabs, holes and lifts. The knife does the hard work ;)

Interesting note, the tines should point down when in the left hand, and up when in the right.

Soldato
As far as I'm concerned, not being left handed is a birth defect. It's ok though, us intellectually superior correct handed people still love you, it's not your fault.

I read an interesting article showing signicantly raised levels of delusion in left handed individuals. I didn’t believe it until now :p

Man of Honour
One of the 5, at time of posting, normal people who are right handed and hold the fork in the right hand.

I used to get told off at school dinners for having the fork in my right hand.

I was told off during the 60s at school, all through my life and recently last Christmas at a works do.
I swapped hands and tried to cut my turkey but it was like cutting with a pair of scissors with the wrong hand.

Soldato
As far as I'm concerned, not being left handed is a birth defect. It's ok though, us intellectually superior correct handed people still love you, it's not your fault.
I couldn't have said it better myself. Although you have acknowledged that "left handed" people actually exist....

They don't.

Soldato
Right handed. Fork in right hand, knife in left.

My parents spent significant time and effort trying to get me to switch, but I was having none of it, feels natural to me.

I would suggest poll is flawed in that the abnormal folk such as myself are more likely to reply than the status quo folk.

Question for the normies, if you only had a Fork, you would use your right hand?

Soldato
if I only had a fork I'd be using it with my right hand but if you're only using a fork then I'd prob be using it to cut/separate/scoop the food like what you'd be doing with the knife when using both...when using knife+fork the fork pretty much stays still until you've loaded it up then all you need to do is get it to your mouth without stabbing yourself :o

funny how you get things that need both hands but no option for a left or right handed version...I mean you get left handed guitars/accordions/prob other instruments but a piano is a piano

Back
Top Bottom