Kobe Bryant Dead

Soldato
Kind of the same here. My dad was a big sports watcher and basketball was a fav of his so i pretty much went through the whole Bird/Magic/BarkleyJordan/Shaq/Kobe etc.. eras

I think it's just how out of the blue it is. If he had been in his twilight years I wouldn't have been as gutted by it. But the manner in which it happened, with his daughter no less... Just sickening. Obviously thought's expand to all of the other passengers but I didn't know them. But Kobe... man. There was probably only a handful of high profile deaths that I thought would bother me but I never once contemplated his. I want to say it hurts but I know Kobe would be busy shaking his head, trash talking and calling everyone soft.

Soldato
I think it's just how out of the blue it is. If he had been in his twilight years I wouldn't have been as gutted by it. But the manner in which it happened, with his daughter no less... Just sickening. Obviously thought's expand to all of the other passengers but I didn't know them. But Kobe... man. There was probably only a handful of high profile deaths that I thought would bother me but I never once contemplated his. I want to say it hurts but I know Kobe would be busy shaking his head, trash talking and calling everyone soft.

Yep i think thats it, there was no expectation or clue. Also good point about the other passengers, i am sorry for them as well but like you said, we don't know them and didn't follow their lives for decades in some manner. Losing my dad in 2018 to a sudden heart attack has made my appreciation of mortality and other peoples feelings in their own time of distress sharper, having a 15 month old daughter has made me appreciative of how it might feel to lose a child, the devastation it would wreak, for the poor wife to lose both husband and child at the same time it must be an immense pain.

Soldato
i'll highlight it for you in my posts to make it stand out more.
and i'll repeat myself again, all i am saying is you cannot say that something didn't happen just because it never went to court. there was an example posted a couple of replies up you're conveniently ignoring that explains it better.
Ok fine.

But the way your posting suggest he is guilty.

There has been posts here labeling him guilty

NVP

NVP

Soldato
All those discussing the alleged rape need to do some further reading on the case so they can make informed comments.

He did not rape her, the sex was consensual (read up), he just liked to "choke a *****". Not the nicest of attitudes but not the rapist he is made out to be.

Last edited:
Soldato
What a pointless question.

Read up and then make up your own mind, just don't pick and choose the evidence to suit your predetermined opinion, take in both sides of the account.
no it's not. i can't make any assertion to his guilt or innocence. no one can apart from the accuser and Kobe himself. it never went to trial so i have a pretty neutral viewpoint on it. that said, it appeared at the time that the prosecution had a pretty strong case. but strong case or not, that doesn't make him guilty. much like a weak case wouldn't have made him innocent.

Soldato
Which is my pet peev of me challenging them to show me when the court found him guilty
it's not a pet peeve and you're challenging no one. how the **** can anyone show the court finding him guilty, or indeed not guilty when it didn't go to court.

might have fitted him better to have paid her to testify rather than go away. and that is not me suggesting he was guilty. at least that way he, and indeed those who hero worship him would have had closure.

If your sat in work, how do you know kobe raped someone?
what's wrong with you? i've repeatedly stated that i'm not accusing him of rape. equally though i'm not going to say he's innocent just because i want him to be or because some people make wildly idiotic statements that are factually incorrect. the fact it didn't get to court doesn't make it fact that it didn't happen as is your claim and that was what i responded to.
and to counter you're stupid post, how do you know he didn't rape someone? oh wait you don't. you have absolutely no sodding idea whether he is innocent or guilty. none, nada, zilch. but you've formed your opinion and want to state it as fact but guess what, you're opinion isn't fact. kinda must suck when you really really want someone to be innocent of a crime but it can never be proven either way.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
no it's not. i can't make any assertion to his guilt or innocence. no one can apart from the accuser and Kobe himself. it never went to trial so i have a pretty neutral viewpoint on it. that said, it appeared at the time that the prosecution had a pretty strong case. but strong case or not, that doesn't make him guilty. much like a weak case wouldn't have made him innocent.
Yes it was. Just make your point instead of posing a childish question.

Strong case for the prosecution is as questionable as the strong defense.

Back
Top Bottom