Kobe Bryant Dead

Soldato
Yes it was. Just make your point instead of posing a childish question.
no it wasn't. you stated 'he did not rape her'. given there was never a court case you can't make that assertion unless you were present for the events. so, much like johnnym it's your opinion he's innocent. so if you weren't there, then much like johnnym you have no sodding idea of his guilt or innocence other than your opinion.
Strong case for the prosecution is as questionable as the strong defense.
yup, whole heartedly agree. i've even said that, albeit in different words, in my post you quoted. it was my opinion at the time that the prosecution had a strong case and to be honest that opinion has changed much over the years, but that doesn't make the dude guilty. he should have had his day in court to clear his name, or indeed to be found guilty if that was the case.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
no it wasn't. you stated 'he did not rape her'. given there was never a court case you can't make that assertion unless you were present for the events. so, much like johnnym it's your opinion he's innocent. so if you weren't there, then much like johnnym you have no sodding idea of his guilt or innocence other than your opinion.
Ok let me make this a bit easier.

Instead of simply asking me "were you there?", you should have put what you have in the above quote "you can't make that assertion unless you were present for the events".

In my view the question you asked was pointless and childish, as stated.

However, I don't like these types of pointless debates on syntax or whatnot, it's a nuisance when browsing, but you have successfully drawn me in so I apologise to the rest of you - I'm out.

Soldato
Sounds like the helicopter crashed due to thick fog..

I saw somewhere saying it was travelling at 184mph and descending at 4,000ft per minute
When it struck the ground, the helicopter was flying at about 184mph and descending at a rate of more than 4,000ft per minute, the data showed.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sounds like the helicopter crashed due to thick fog..

I saw somewhere saying it was travelling at 184mph and descending at 4,000ft per minute

Well, if anything I can take a little bit of comfort in that I hope it happened before those on board knew what was happening. Listening to Shaq talk about when he found out was gutting. Seeing a huge mountain of a man, who always usually looks so happy, being brought to tears was tough to listen to

Soldato
Well, if anything I can take a little bit of comfort in that I hope it happened before those on board knew what was happening

You think? I would expect descending at that speed would be hard not to notice. Over quickly for sure and hopefully without any prolonged suffering after impact, but I doubt everyone on board was just calmly oblivious to what was happening

Caporegime
it's not a pet peeve and you're challenging no one. how the **** can anyone show the court finding him guilty, or indeed not guilty when it didn't go to court.

When I iniitally brought this issue up my own point was more about the behaviour of those reacting to the story about his #metoo moment being posted on Twitter, death threats, censorship and suspension from work. Seems a bit OTT no? we seem to have entered an era where if you say anything the least bit upsetting towards the "collective" you get punished by the corporate world emboldened by the frothing lefty woke brigade. Call it tasteless if you like but in a free country you have the freedom to be tasteless any time you like and corporations shouldn't be dishing out punishment to keep people in line and death threats over such a Tweet seems to sum up how angry and intolerant some people have become towards those who do step out of line.

I guess the woke brigade probably just found it more upsetting that they were mourning someone who hd been at the centre of a #metoo scandal and just didn't want to hear it because generally among the left doing one thing wrong in your life is grounds for being tarred as a terrible person with no recourse and being acccused of rape is right up there. What's that phrase? "We believe her".

Last edited:
Associate
You think? I would expect descending at that speed would be hard not to notice. Over quickly for sure and hopefully without any prolonged suffering after impact, but I doubt everyone on board was just calmly oblivious to what was happening

If you're not accelerating and you can't see anything outside, it's probably quite easy not to notice. I've heard stories from friends who fix helicopters about helicopter pilots losing awareness of what the aircraft is doing in fog - apparently it's very easy if you don't watch your instruments. The obvious answer is to watch the instruments of course, but I'm not a pilot so can't really comment on that.

Associate
what I’m at a bit of loss about is people who don’t know him coming into a thread about how he’s dead and proclaiming not to know who he is. It literally adds nothing more than a diversion from the topic.

OK, that's fair. If you don't know who died why bother posting in the RIP thread.... fair play.

Back
Top Bottom