Korean street food - ham cheese egg toast

Soldato
Some decent Korean places in Duesseldorf, spent many a happy evening stuffing my face with enormous bowls of the sticky, spicy fried chicken and copious volumes of Hite. Pure gluttony, love it :)

Soldato
Looks good, this reminded me of having a Francesinha in Porto, Portugal. Totally epic. A sandwich fully of sausage meat, steak, onions, then covered in grilled melted cheese, doused in a picante gravy and served with chips. Optional fried egg on top. Totally unhealthy but perfect for a night on the lash (skip to 4:50 for the finished product):

Last edited:
Caporegime
Erm, Korean street food is mostly fried stuff, or stuff they can use blow torch on or the “sushi roll” call Kimbap. They also sell stuff like fish cake which sits in a broth with radish and stuff. Things like fried squid is cool, I bought one. Sometimes is fried noodles, there is always a juice stand. I recall there is a egg on bread thing that always look good but from all the videos’ that I’ve seen, the people who had it is just “oh, its just egg on bread”, so I never got one.

Soldato
OP
I can get so fat in Korea, the food is great, the cityscape is very bland but the food is fab.

I would go back to their fried chicken, it’s amazing.

ps I hope you like spicy food, they love their spice!

Yes I do like spicy. I made a delicious chicken stir fry last night with rice noodles and Kung Po sauce. Well, the sauce is mildly spicy really, more like sweet 'n sour.

Caporegime
Yes I do like spicy. I made a delicious chicken stir fry last night with rice noodles and Kung Po sauce. Well, the sauce is mildly spicy really, more like sweet 'n sour.

Erm...i have a feeling Korea is going to take your head off lol

If you want to gauge what I mean, find a packet of Shin Ramen from the supermarket, a standard one. That is their entry level spice. What I find is that they really like their spice, like really hot spice. It’s the red paste that they use in everything. The stuff they make kimchi with I think. I think the majority of westerners would not be able to handle it, even if you are a fan of Indian curry, this isn’t the same. It seems to hit the mouth/throat in a different spot. But, it is also addictive.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Associate
Looks good, this reminded me of having a Francesinha in Porto, Portugal. Totally epic. A sandwich fully of sausage meat, steak, onions, then covered in grilled melted cheese, doused in a picante gravy and served with chips. Optional fried egg on top. Totally unhealthy but perfect for a night on the lash (skip to 4:50 for the finished product):

Damn, Bifanas were my go to post lash up comfort food in Lisbon...were, not any longer

Caporegime
Caporegime
I can get so fat in Korea, the food is great, the cityscape is very bland but the food is fab.

I would go back to their fried chicken, it’s amazing.

ps I hope you like spicy food, they love their spice!

I was half drunk in Hongdae, and ate a bucket of incredibly spicy KFC (this was way beyond my palate for spice) and ate the whole thing because of how delicious it was. My friend even left, so I had to sit there on my own with gloves and a bib for about an hour just devouring chicken. I've tried to re-create it, but I can't. Korean FC is the ultimate Fried Chicken.

Caporegime
I was half drunk in Hongdae, and ate a bucket of incredibly spicy KFC (this was way beyond my palate for spice) and ate the whole thing because of how delicious it was. My friend even left, so I had to sit there on my own with gloves and a bib for about an hour just devouring chicken. I've tried to re-create it, but I can't. Korean FC is the ultimate Fried Chicken.

One side thing, I notice all their fried chicken orders are 2 persons portions. I ordered some for myself and couldn’t finish it and took the rest back to the hotel and had enough for a snack and then breakfast!

gjFI57i.jpg

Soldato
I've never been to Korea but I want to. I actually made some homemade kimchi* ages ago and have the gochujang box still in my fridge (recipe ideas anyone?).

I did have a Francesinha in Porto. It was ludicrous! The sauce is made with beer too, I believe :D

*Kimchi fried rice is epic, and so easy

Soldato
OP
yeah, that’s the one. That’s the average level of spice. Make it to portion and put the whole packet in. It’s not far off.

Ok, here goes. The fire station is on standby.

20200618-181606.jpg

20200619-165447.jpg

Back
Top Bottom