Kotor 2 Restored Content

Soldato
anyone know to get it working on vista 64?

When i load the game it just stops responding.

All patched up, tried running the loading + main game exe as admin and sp2 compat, any other ideas :S

I think I had that... I think it had something to do with a file to replace ? I googled it for a bit and found the answer I think.

Caporegime
There was a graphics option I had to turn off from the launcher before it would run in Vista for me. Can't remember what it was now unfortunately, I'm running on Win7 now.

Arg :D. Just coming to the end of a rerun of KOTOR. Can't decide to try this as dark or light side.

Last edited:
Soldato
KOTOR 2 was a slow starter, but got a lot better once you got off Telos and were able to go where you wanted, I think the story (if it hadn't been cut to bits) would have been a lot more interesting than the KOTOR1 one.

Hopefully this mod will do that.

Soldato
This is why i hope people don't get disappointed with the TOR, expecting it to be brilliant just like the first and second KOTOR and not realising it will be a completely different type of game because it's online.

Soldato
i managed to fix it, just had to replace a dll file, tho it took me about 3 downloads to get the right one :p

AhhhH! I knew it was to do with a file! :D I remember that crash driving me crazy...

Though I think you could use the original Kotor 1 file or something, which is what I ended up doing. Was a while since I installed it. :confused:

Associate
Has anyone got some recommendations for mods for the original KOTOR?

'Brotherhood of Shadow - Solomons Revenge' is a must! It's one of the most impressive mods I've ever played. Voice-acted with a story that rivals that of the main game. New areas, NPCs, Companions (including one permanant that fills a 'gap' later on) quests, equipment... And there's quite a few hours worth of play in it. Some of it's flash-back based and does a brilliant job of filling in the backstory of the main game. One character specifically is so well executed and the voice-acting professionally done you'll forget you're playing a mod.

Seriously, you have to get it!

Back
Top Bottom