Krystal vs Stablepoint & Addon Domains vs Reseller

Associate
First post so hello.

Looking for some advice on hosting please.

Currently have a hosting reseller account with Heart Internet (£39.99+vat pm). Must have been with them for about 15 years. Service isn’t great. Lots of problems with email delivery. Account has never been used to full potential and current only has 2 domains but a couple more may be needed in the next year or so. All sites under my control and not actually resold. Looking to separate domain reg and hosting and to save some money. Looking at either Stablepoint or Krystal for the hosting.

Stablepoint seems cheaper but I’m slightly concerned about the owner selling up again which I believe they did with their previous company and then things going downhill like they did with Heart.

Also trying to choose between a starter reseller account vs shared hosting with a single CPanel and addon domains.

Options:

Krystal: Ruby, 5 sites, £11pm
Krystal: Unity Reseller, 25 CPanels, £20
Stablepoint: Medium, 6 sites, £7.49pm
Stablepoint: Go Reseller, 20 CPanels, £8.99pm

Does anyone have any advice about which to go for? Will I regret going with the shared cPanel option? Will it affect Google ranking? Or make things more difficult to separate the sites later? Or cause issues with CMS or
other software?

Thanks.

If it was me i'd go with the reseller. Separate cpanels for each domain.

Add-on domains whilst they look good and keep the cost down, can be a nightmare should a site run into issue.

Last edited:
Cross-posting here too for exposure.

Reseller is always best as it gives you isolation between websites and email accounts with flexibility to move accounts around in future.
Having multiple sites on the same cPanel account can be a risk;
- cPanel account compromised = all sites compromised
- cPanel account suspended for abuse = all sites suspended
- One WordPress site hacked = all sites at risk
... You get the idea

You then need to consider that cPanel resources are allocated per account, so you will be limited by how many domains

Google Ranking won't be a problem providing you aren't hitting resource limits and causing sites to slow down

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies.

Any opinions on Stablepoint vs Krystal?

Is Krystal worth twice the price for the reseller account?
Personal preference I guess.

I moved from Krystal to Stablepoint purely on cost and the fact that resources per Cpanel were better too.

They have a discord channel for chat as well, and they seems to 24x7x365 for support. Krystal aren't anymore I don't think?

I'm currently with Stable point (not a reseller though). So far very happy with them. I haven't tried Krystal but happy with Stable point so far.

Back
Top Bottom