Laser levels

Caporegime
Hi all

Couldn't see a general thread on these; I'm doing our downstairs toilet soon and was thinking of buying one for the tiling and studs.

Do people find them useful? Are the cheapies on Amazon OK, or should I shell out for a whizz bang 360 degree one from a big name?

Thanks.

Caporegime
I use a cheap on from aliexpress seems pretty good so far. It's not 360 but I doubt as a DIY I'd need 360.

I think mine was 35 dollars delivered for a green self leveler.

The magnetic mount is very useful

Soldato
I got this one plus a used/"very good" bosch tripod

Its nice to have all the kit and I've used it a lot for decorating and some other bits. I'm sure other brands at oik the £40/50 mark for the laser are similar. I wouldnt cheap out on it. Same for the tripod, it's nice to have a very adaptable one

KAIWEETS T3 Green Laser Level, Cross Laser Line, Laser Level Self Levelling with Manual Mode and Pulse Function, IP54, Adjustable Lightness Line, Carrying Bag, Magnetic Base, 2 AA Batteries https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07ZHYRN86/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glc_fabc_WC1V0QFND6F30D65TAZE

KNSZ0Yx.jpeg

EEkfH60.jpeg

9zV1sGj.jpeg

Caporegime
OP
Thanks all.

Ordered this Amazon special as it comes with a magnetic bracket and one of those 'tick the box to apply this voucher that we could just apply anyway' discounts:

nKYBbXwh.png.jpg

Never had a real need for one in a bathroom tbh. I attach a baton to the wall and get it straight with a spirit level.
From what I've seen they're quite handy for ensuring the vertical is maintained up grout lines.

Soldato
Use my Bosch thing todo the kitchen floor (locked) and the auto levelling for the work tops, the extractor fan, shower (front to back of wall measurements around the door), the cupboards, the pond.. shelves.. the list goes on.

the builder had a full 360 with the sensor for block work.

Caporegime
FYI I got this

I just used it at weekend to put up a kitchen worktop. Put the brackets on the wall and placed the kitchen top on. Perfectly level.

Also for wall mounting my 2.0 speakers. Curtain rails, even making sure pictures are mounted on the wall 'level' with each other.

Edit. Seen you got one. It's one of the more useful DIY tools I've found. Definitely not a gimmick!

ZmXzBW1l.jpg

Caporegime
OP
FYI I got this

I just used it at weekend to put up a kitchen worktop. Put the brackets on the wall and placed the kitchen top on. Perfectly level.

Also for wall mounting my 2.0 speakers. Curtain rails, even making sure pictures are mounted on the wall 'level' with each other.

Edit. Seen you got one. It's one of the more useful DIY tools I've found. Definitely not a gimmick!

ZmXzBW1l.jpg
Curtain poles are a huge part of why I'm interested in these. They are a frigging nightmare to get level!

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
I do a lot of DIY/Building work - laser level is a must, absolutely invaluable for jobs as simple as a Curtain pole or tv bracket through to fitting kitchens, lining up downlights on a ceiling or even bricklaying.

I have a Stanley item, seems fine. I am sure that they are all the same :)

Soldato
I use one of these

Laser Level Green,RockSeed Green Beam Cross Laser Level Horizontal and Vertical Points Rotatable 360° Self Levelling Laser Level with Manual/Self-Leveling Mode IP54 1M Shockproof (Battery Included) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07VPH4...t_i_7TKDF1M31HG9V74FBD8R?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Combined with one of these

Amazon Basics 60-Inch Lightweight Tripod with Bag https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005KP4...t_i_SXE8BDYMXN0XM34W0YA2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Has worked out to be a great combo for me!

Back
Top Bottom