Last thread about my TJ07 here, I promise!

Soldato
OP
Need to order a 6970, corsair dominator 8gig (2x4) and an extreme4 gen3 and I'm finished on hardware. Taking my 650w modular PSU and my 640 HDD from my current rig.

Then all I need to do is decide if I'm willing to blow £400 on the TJ07 customised to how I want it and another £300 on the water parts/sleeving...

It's a shame my current PSU isn't fully modular, I think there's a 24pin, sata and molex cable put in normally. Not a massive issue as every rig will always need that, bit of a pain though to sleeve.

honestly, get a 570, a new modular (100%) PSU and only spend £200 on the TJ07

Soldato
OP
I'm gonna take a look to see how much of my PSU is actually non-modular and if it's neccessary to get a 100% modular one.

I'm going to get whatever is cheaper out of the 6970 and the 570
570 is better at 1080p

now that it's not inverted so it doesn't matter if the waterblock doesn't look as good. Need to decide what finish on the waterblocks though. Nickel/plexi or nickel/acetal and what colour compressions.
nickel plexi :D

Does anybody know if you can watercool RAM other than the dominators? They're like twice the price of the vengeance range. Don't fancy paying £90 for RAM when the same spec ram is £50.
dont bother liquid cooling th RAM then

It's also a bit of a challenge to get a Tj07 for £200. The windowed one is £245 retail.
£216 retail

Plus powdercoating costs about £65. I'll be ordering a midplate for it, as well as rad stands. Brings total up to around £330.

Back
Top Bottom