** LAZER3D CG7 CRAVO - 7 LITRES, SO MANY POSSIBILITIES **

Soldato
having to use low profile GPU is a major issue, for the sake of the extra headroom, short and full height like the one outlined would make much more sense..

Why would you take one of these over say a NUC as these are very impressive nowadays?

Associate
I was thinking width/height.

Modivio xCase S, M, or ME will fit and are available to order. Bear in mind the case doesn't include the PCI-e riser cable or a power switch. They can be ordered with the case, but it may be cheaper to source over here to avoid extra import taxes. You also need a DC-DC PSU. The HD-Plex 200W is $127 with free shipping from Germany and may be enough, per 1650S review with an OC 9900k. Failing that, it's the 400W version for $213. So overall, quite an expensive solution.

If you aren't height restricted, the Nouvolo Borg is due out March/April. The price on that should be much more reasonable; no rised cable an SFX PSU. Or you could wait for the Velkase Velka 3 or Velka 5 to restock. But that could be a while; there's no ETA.

Could you just fit a bigger shelf? :p

I'm in the US & more than $100US is a bit much. I'm not adverse to a DC-DC power supply if it helps reduce the size of the case. I will check out your case suggestions. TV is wall mounted & the wife has minimal furniture/shelves. The wife said I'm lucky I got the shelf I got. So no, not getting a bigger shelf or cabinet. :(

Associate
having to use low profile GPU is a major issue, for the sake of the extra headroom, short and full height like the one outlined would make much more sense..

Why would you take one of these over say a NUC as these are very impressive nowadays?

I want more power than a NUC can provide. If I can't have XB1X or greater performance in a slightly larger box, then what's the point? I'd rather just get the Xbox Series X when it comes out.

Associate
I really liked the look of the Modivo xCase M. The S was too small & the L too big. The ME didn't help with the size of the GPU though. Unfortunately I'm limited to one Radeon RX 5500 XT board: MSI Mech. Going to keep it in mind. I liked the Nouvolo Borg too. It has the same 215mm GPU requirement though. Might be waiting for someone to make another short 5500 XT.

Soldato
Why the 5500 XT? There are short versions of pretty much every card up to the RX 5700 and RTX 2070, so you shouldn't be stuck for choice.

Also, might be worth getting this discussion moved to its own thread. Seems a bit unfair on LZ3D to have so much discussion of competitor products on a thread about one of theirs :p

Associate
w
Available to order today, we have the newest addition to the Lazer3D range - The CG7 Cravo. The CG7 Cravo is a mere 7.1 litres in size, yet like the LZ7 and HT5, offers huge amounts of possibilities for such a small chassis. For a start, the CG7 supports slim M-ATX boards (up to 244mm x 195mm) and up to 4 low profile PCIe cards, including dual slot low profile VGA cards up to 195mm in size. There's space for a 73mm CPU cooler and up to 4 slim 92mm case fans. There's options out of the box for either a Mini-ITX system with a TFX power supply, or Slim M-ATX using a DC-DC power supply, which gives you plenty of scope for creating your perfect SFF system. There's even space for up to 6 x 2.5" drives if you fancy building a NAS with a difference! The CG7 also supports Flex ATX power supplies with a provided bracket.

Added to that is the ability to customise your chassis panel, internal panel and front panel design, with over 150 combinations available. There's base panel sets in Black, Grey, Beige and White, internal panels in Black, Grey, Beige, White, Red, Orange, Violet, Yellow and Clear along with front panels available in 'Stealth', 'Graphite', 'Retro Gaming', 'Timber' and 'Bourbon'. All these can be configured quickly and easily using our configurator linked below. Materials used throughout are 5mm matte acrylic for the main panels, 3mm matte/coloured acrylic for the internal panels, and either 5mm solid wood or acrylic for the front panels.

Basically, the CG7 is another quality product from Lazer3D, manufactured in the UK, and comes with a set of instructions for easy self assembly. All variants are available and in stock today, but there's limited stock on certain things for launch, so if you need a CG7 in your life, I suggest you order soon :)

Lazer3D CG7 Cravo Slim Tower Case Configurator @ £139.99 inc VAT

Ultra compact and customisable SFF chassis with a flexible dual layout design for M-ITX or M-ATX systems.

From £139.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW
what power supply do I need? please put some links up
I see that you have this https://www.overclockers.co.uk/be-q...0-plus-bronze-tfx-power-supply-ca-089-bq.html that could mention could be used with a mini-ITX mobo. whats a dc-dc? do you have any?

OcUK Staff
OP
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £473.95 (includes shipping: £11.10)

There you go. All will work. Or you can go get one of the higher wattage HDPLEX DC-DC units instead (we don't sell those though)

Associate
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £473.95 (includes shipping: £11.10)

There you go. All will work. Or you can go get one of the higher wattage HDPLEX DC-DC units instead (we don't sell those though)
thanks

Associate

I already own a WD cloud EX2. It's fine if all you want is basic network storage. I've outgrown it and want to run multiple dockers and services. I have loads of QNAPs at work and if you want a decent CPU it really ramps the price up.

I want to build my own with unRAID so looking at custom NAS cases but as I'm a SFF fan (main gaming rig is in a VELKA 5) I'm after something as small as possible.

Back
Top Bottom