LCD Lightgun? Yes please.

Just had a look at this, whats the recoil?

£45,008
pledged of £25,000 goal
backers
28days to go

WOW!!!! win win.

Probably something like a PS4 / Xbone FFB motor and perhaps a actuated gun slide.

Hmmm. Not really sure this is worth while. You will still be firing at a small screen. It will be no better than an early 80's games console. VR is a much better solution imo. That is just pointless dressing.

Depends on your use case, for those wanting to recreate a 90s onward arcade feel its perfect.

Just had a look at this, whats the recoil?

Probably something like a PS4 / Xbone FFB motor and perhaps a actuated gun slide.

I asked about that, its a solenoid. Theres images and a short video in the prototype gallery.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...n-lightgun/description#prototype-slide-165425

Hmmm. Not really sure this is worth while. You will still be firing at a small screen. It will be no better than an early 80's games console. VR is a much better solution imo. That is just pointless dressing.

Works on modern TV's, I think he's using a 60" for his videos on youtube to demo it. But he has also shown it works on a large projector screens. How many old lightgun games work in VR?

Point Blank? Virtua Cop? House of the Dead? Silent Scope? Terminator 2? Area 51? Lethal Enforcers? Time Crisis? Duck Hunt? Super Scope 6?

It's aimed at someone who wants to play all the old lightgun games with a lightgun rather than a wiimote or mouse/trackball.

Thanks, little worried about the weight and ability to fire frequently enough, might go for the regular gun instead.
It is drawing power from a single usb2 plug. It's got 500ma to play with. Adding a second usb2 connector or even an external psu would limit its usefulness on many systems.

Looks brilliant to be fair. I like the gun, its very 'time crisis'. I bought the gun and pedal thingy for the playstation years ago and loved it, couldn't walk past it in the arcades without having a couple of goes. 130 quid for the gun with recoil is a fair chunk of change though, tempting though given the quality of the games that sprang up around the lightgun era.

I bought the gun and pedal thingy for the playstation years ago and loved it

The only downer with the real arcade gun was the accuracy. While it was cool for Time crisis, it was no good for Point Blank. A mean bit of kit though, the gun has real weight to it unlike the Guncon.

I still have mine, but to be honest the magic of VR has replaced the need to go back to a physical device. No Point Blank yet though, though Lethal VR comes close in some ways.

The only downer with the real arcade gun was the accuracy. While it was cool for Time crisis, it was no good for Point Blank. A mean bit of kit though, the gun has real weight to it unlike the Guncon.

I still have mine, but to be honest the magic of VR has replaced the need to go back to a physical device. No Point Blank yet though, though Lethal VR comes close in some ways.

VR makes me puke in about 30 seconds flat irrespective of the fun Im having so I doubt Ill be shooting any baddies in VR anytime soon.

VR makes me puke in about 30 seconds flat

Never understood that myself, motion sickness doesn't actually make you physically sick, it's more a tiredness and a mild feeling of wanting to be sick that is unappealing as it sounds as it can last for hours. When it used to happen to me after doing the rollercoasters, and before finding out artificial smooth motion turning was the root of all evil, id hop to the gym and blast it out. 30 minutes of pounding cardio takes care of it.

It's practically imposable to get motion sickness in a static wave shooter though:)

Never understood that myself, motion sickness doesn't actually make you physically sick, it's more a tiredness and a mild feeling of wanting to be sick that is unappealing as it sounds as it can last for hours. When it used to happen to me after doing the rollercoasters, and before finding out artificial smooth motion turning was the root of all evil, id hop to the gym and blast it out. 30 minutes of pounding cardio takes care of it.

It's practically imposable to get motion sickness in a static wave shooter though:)

I was being a bit dramatic but it does give me a feeling similar to vertigo. Which is in itself nausea inducing. I am partially deaf in one ear so all tge sensations seem to mix together and its very like vertigo. Oh and a lovely hesdache to take away too.

Just wait for someone else to come along and copy the idea, release it sooner and cheaper, I won't touch Kickstarter anymore because this is exactly what happens

This is a must have for me. I even went so far as buying a Point Blank 2 arcade machine years ago (sold when I last moved). To be able to play shooting games again on my 55" TV sitting on my sofa will be just amazing. Hopefully this will also promote more new games to be made too. definitely going to join the kickstarter for it. Only thing I'm not sure about is whether to have the recoil or not. The recoil guns on the Point Blank arcade were excellent.

Back
Top Bottom