LCD Lightgun? Yes please.

Just had a look at this, whats the recoil?

Probably something like a PS4 / Xbone FFB motor and perhaps a actuated gun slide.

I asked about that, its a solenoid. Theres images and a short video in the prototype gallery.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...n-lightgun/description#prototype-slide-165425

Hmmm. Not really sure this is worth while. You will still be firing at a small screen. It will be no better than an early 80's games console. VR is a much better solution imo. That is just pointless dressing.

Works on modern TV's, I think he's using a 60" for his videos on youtube to demo it. But he has also shown it works on a large projector screens. How many old lightgun games work in VR?

Point Blank? Virtua Cop? House of the Dead? Silent Scope? Terminator 2? Area 51? Lethal Enforcers? Time Crisis? Duck Hunt? Super Scope 6?

It's aimed at someone who wants to play all the old lightgun games with a lightgun rather than a wiimote or mouse/trackball.

Thanks, little worried about the weight and ability to fire frequently enough, might go for the regular gun instead.
It is drawing power from a single usb2 plug. It's got 500ma to play with. Adding a second usb2 connector or even an external psu would limit its usefulness on many systems.

Looks pretty good. Responsiveness better than the IR based guns too.

Check out the point blank secrion in the RMC video. Looks more than capable.

Last edited:
When is it out? :D

He was planning for this month for Kickstarter supporters, but that looks unlikely. Completely unsurprisingly. Kickstarters very rarely arrive on time. Yet to have one happen myself. He has to go through EMC testing yet and he's waiting until he has a production model as it takes time and money to get it done.

I need one of these!

Kickstarted ended, but he is going to have 500 more than were ordered through it.

I've got my backer survey, as I've gone for recoil my guns are going to be dispatched a bit later, but the kickstarter ones without recoil will start shipping next month apparently. :D

Also, Arcade 1Up (the 3/4 scale arcade cabinet guys) have done a deal with Sinden to use their tech in a Big Buck Hunter cabinet - https://arcade1up.com/products/bigbuckhunter Let's hope this means there's more lightgun cabinets on the way.

I'm still happy.

Back
Top Bottom