LCD Lightgun? Yes please.

Yeah. Well this one anyway. Got 2 more on the way as well at some point (red and blue)

Build feels good, size is about the same as the time crisis guns, sights look functional. Dont think the pic rail on top is though. :( The orange tip comes off which is great.

Controls, other than the trigger, has 2 button on each side, slightly staggered, the d pad and the slide. All feel perfectly functional. You're not going to be playing Mario with the dpad and buttons so as long as they're positive feeling they're fine.

I was expecting this next month, so its a bit early.

You can even use it on original hardware with some extra bits.

And wiki for more information.

https://sindenlightgun.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page

Just ordered a cheap usb foot pedal from Amazon. Will need it for Time Crisis. It's about £10. If it's crap, I can make a metal version using the guts (maybe change the switch to a beefier one too) from the plastic one.

[edit]

RMC has his review up, as of about 15 minutes ago.

Last edited:
I'd love to get this to play Time Crisis and Virtua Cop on a big screen. My concern is how much setup / tinkering is required. I dont have the time these days to spend hours tinkering.

What are people using for the more graphics intensive games? A small pc? Any minimum spec recommended?

And how quick and easy is it to get this all working - and is it family friendly, to launch games? I'd be looking at a 2 player setup, in case that makes any difference.

It's not complicated to setup, one app and a usb connection. It emulates a mouse, trigger is left mouse button, slide is right mouse button. Remappable if needed. There's a small amount of fiddling to get the borders correct so it works well. Once that's done, it's good.

I got mine running on a rough (Q6600, GT8800 and a half working motherboard and Windows 10, 42" LCD TV) setup in under 20 minutes. Been playing the Point Blank trilogy. :D Need to get it's permeant home set up. :D

What are the top games for this? I didn't play a huge amount of shooting games growing up bar the obvious ones (Duck Hunt, Time Crisis & Virtua Cop).

These are what I'm hoping to have running.

Point Break series
House of the Dead series
Virtua Cop series
Operation Wolf series
Lethal Enforcers
T2 Judgement Day
Time Crisis series
CarnEvil
Area51 series
Aliens Extermination
Luigi's Mansion
Jurassic Park - Lost World
Ghost Squad
Star Wars Trilogy Arcade
2 Spicy
Die Hard Trilogy series

Indie. 7xx. I think one of my guns is duff sadly, I'm in conversation with them to fix/replace.
PfQRNJl.gif

Hope it gets sorted soon.

Been playing Point Blank and House of the Dead quite a bit. Other half has complaints about the noise of the recoil system, had to turn it off for now. :(

How authentic does the Sinden feel compared to the old school Time Crisis machine? I'm looking at buying a premade cabinet to try and get as close as possible, but looks like they only provide the Aimtrak guns which look a bit gash with the reticle on the screen.

It's very good, but not perfect. Weight and construction of the gun is good. The recoil isn't as strong as there's less mass moving as the slide doesn't move. The trigger is...ok. it's just a small microswitch, it's pretty much like most home lightguns tbh. I'm thinking about trying to come up with a mod that will bring a more chunky feel.

And I also hate the reticle on screen. Other than the white border, this is the best so far. Significantly better than the some of the IR or Wiimote based guns I've tried.

Back
Top Bottom