• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Leadtek 6800gt dead

Associate
I purchased my Leadtek Winfast A400 6800gt in January of this year. On Saturday, the screen went blank and displayed the 'No signal found' message. I restarted, no change. I thought perhaps it had overheated a bit, so I left it for a few hours with the case open, again, no luck. I then took the card out and put it back in again just incase it had somehow came lose or whatever, no luck. I then tried my old Geforce2 card.. worked fine. The card has died obviously (or..?).

I've been in contact with OCUK regarding this, who said the best bet is to get in contact with Leadtek for an RMA. I've sent them an email about this.

Just now, I read this:-

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller686.html

7ish very disatisfied people complaining about sending their cards back to Leadtek only to never hear from them.

Has anyone on these boards had any experience with Leadtek RMA's? If so, how did they turn out. At the moment I'm very warry of sending anything to them if something similar is to happen to me.

Cheers.

Associate
OP
I certainly will. But to be honest mate, I think we're both screwed unless OcUk decide to help out.

I've been in contact with one of the people that commented on the website (he left his email address) asking what happened and if the situation has been sorted out yet. Some people have been waiting as long as 5/6 months though :(

Associate
OP
MrMason: I couldn't find a phone number for a UK Leadtek office either, their Dutch office seems to be the closest one (18p per minute on o2 mobile incase you're wondering what the costs might be).

On the monday after mine broke, I sent an email to both OcUk and Leadtek both via their online email forms. Leadtek still haven't got back to me, but OcUk got back to me later the same day and said it would be quicker to get an RMA with Leadtek. I then went away and somehow came across the website i posted above. The comments on their didn't exactly fill me with confidence in getting a successful RMA from Leadtek so I emailed OcUk again explaining my apprensions and they sent me an RMA number :) Posted it back yesterday.

I think I'll steer clear of Leadtek in future, it seems everyone and their granny has had a Leadtek card die on them :/

Associate
OP
OcUk sent me an XFX 6800 GS extreme edition as a replacement. The first one they sent, one of the bits (can't remember what they're called, cylander shaped) had come off. So I had to get that replaced, but that was swapped the day after so I didn't have to wait to long.

Associate
OP
Guess what just turned up?

Hello,

Sorry but we had some problems with the e-mail therefor I didn't have the
chance to reply on e-mail for a while
Do you still have the problem?

Met vriendelijke groet,
Best regards,

Leadtek Support

That's 32 days after my original email.

Associate
OP
Sorry TBird, no ideas :/ I'd get an email off to LeadTek asap to be honest.

Dazzza: Yeah I tried that, no luck :\ Oh well, it's all sorted now.

I sent this back to LeadTek, as that email they sent me was bang out of order in my opinion.

Hi,

Thankfully I was able to exchange the card with the reseller for an XFX equivalent card.

To be honest, I've lost all faith in Leadtek after this whole incident. Before I got this card, I was under the impression that Leadtek could equal BFG, XFX and all the other big graphic card makers.

As for what you say about your company having e-mail problems, I apologise if what you're saying is true, but I work as an IT technical support person for a small construction company, and there's no way I'd get away with our email system being down for 32 days (that's how long it took you to reply), so god knows how an IT department for a large company like Leadtek could allow your system to be down that long.

Please see these two website:-

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=6265466#post6265466

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller686.html

The first link is to a web forum (you may need to sign up to view the thread properly) where many people are reporting problems with your cards. Some people are saying that they've had to replace their card 2-3 times because they keep breaking.

The second link is to a review of Leadtek, where you've gained a lifetime rating of 1/10. Again, many people are reporting their graphics cards breaking, then Leadtek taking forever to reply (like this occasion).

It may be something people higher up in the company might want to see.

Regards

Something had to be said to be honest.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
TBirdUK: I used [email protected], although I'm 3 days late with my reply so you've probably found it by now ;)

All might not be well with my new graphics card like I though. Twice this morning my PC frooze. I turned the computer off, and the monitor had no signal (just like with the LeadTek card that i sent back!). Once I reseated it, it worked again. I turned off after that and left it, then my mum used it to check her mail, it crashed while she checked it.. after shutting down, i've got the same again, no monitor signal. I had to go to work after that so I guess I'll try it again later. BLoody things :/

Back
Top Bottom