• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Leadtek 6800gt dead

Associate
I purchased my Leadtek Winfast A400 6800gt in January of this year. On Saturday, the screen went blank and displayed the 'No signal found' message. I restarted, no change. I thought perhaps it had overheated a bit, so I left it for a few hours with the case open, again, no luck. I then took the card out and put it back in again just incase it had somehow came lose or whatever, no luck. I then tried my old Geforce2 card.. worked fine. The card has died obviously (or..?).

I've been in contact with OCUK regarding this, who said the best bet is to get in contact with Leadtek for an RMA. I've sent them an email about this.

Just now, I read this:-

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller686.html

7ish very disatisfied people complaining about sending their cards back to Leadtek only to never hear from them.

Has anyone on these boards had any experience with Leadtek RMA's? If so, how did they turn out. At the moment I'm very warry of sending anything to them if something similar is to happen to me.

Cheers.

Associate
Bugger! I think mine's on the way out as well and i'd been counting on an RMA. Exactly the same card as you. I know this post isn't very helpful to you but whatever happens with your RMA please post the results.

Associate
OP
I certainly will. But to be honest mate, I think we're both screwed unless OcUk decide to help out.

I've been in contact with one of the people that commented on the website (he left his email address) asking what happened and if the situation has been sorted out yet. Some people have been waiting as long as 5/6 months though :(

Soldato
As far as I'm aware the seller is only responsible if the goods are faulty when you receive them, if the goods develop a fault through use then this is covered by the manufacturers guarentee which you need to take up with the manufacturer. It would be nice if OCUK helped with your claim but they are not obliged to do so.

Associate
I bought my Leadtek WinFast GeForce 6800 GT 256MB DDR3 TV-Out/DVI (AGP) - Retail (GX-068-LT) back in July05.
It failed the beginning of Nov05, got a RMA from OCUK, waited 3 weeks for a 'replacement from the supplier' only to get a refund.
I know I only had my card 3 months or so but you should be getting the same response from OCUK!!

Good luck.

Soldato
Had one back a few months ago, was faulty on arrival, got a full refund from OCUK even though it was B grade. Have brought 3 Leadteks since and no probs - in fact the LEs unlocked and are great!

Associate
Pretty much exactly the same as apye.

Leadtek WinFast GeForce 6800 GT 256MB DDR3 TV-Out/DVI (AGP) - Retail (GX-068-LT)

Bought in July, died start of November and after waiting 3/4 weeks for replacement got the money back in my account.

Associate
I had 3 Leadtek 6800GTs fail on me all within 3 months of each other and all within 2 months of installation. There are known reliability problems with some of these cards and Leadtek need to sit up and take notice. They do have a UK distribution centre and I think they can handle the RMAs although I have no idea of how good they are though.

Andy

Associate
Did you get through on the support telephone number?

I have been trying all morning but keep getting put on hold for ages!! :(

Still have not got through....... :mad:

Associate
I read this thread last night, and thought " I hope my Leadtek 6800GT doesn't die".

I was playing CS:source earlier, and the screen went black and my pc froze. Checked everything and it seems to be the end for my leadtek 6800GT :/ . I bought it last year via pre-order , and waited ages for it. I've tried it in some other pcs but not joy :/

Can't seem to find a UK number for leadtek , or even an e-mail address that goes to support. Any help would be much appreciated :)

Associate
OP
MrMason: I couldn't find a phone number for a UK Leadtek office either, their Dutch office seems to be the closest one (18p per minute on o2 mobile incase you're wondering what the costs might be).

On the monday after mine broke, I sent an email to both OcUk and Leadtek both via their online email forms. Leadtek still haven't got back to me, but OcUk got back to me later the same day and said it would be quicker to get an RMA with Leadtek. I then went away and somehow came across the website i posted above. The comments on their didn't exactly fill me with confidence in getting a successful RMA from Leadtek so I emailed OcUk again explaining my apprensions and they sent me an RMA number :) Posted it back yesterday.

I think I'll steer clear of Leadtek in future, it seems everyone and their granny has had a Leadtek card die on them :/

Associate
"I think I'll steer clear of Leadtek in future, it seems everyone and their granny has had a Leadtek card die on them" :/[/QUOTE]

all this talk of Fubar Leadtek cards is making me twitchy, my card has just gone out of warranty (keeps fingers crossed)

Let us know how you get on

Ninja

Associate
well I bought my 6800GT in july 2004. It was supposed to be a RETAIL XFX 6800GT , but there was a massive shortage at the time, so OCUK sent me a leadtek 6800GT OEM.

Anyway, I won't be buying leadtek again. Ocuk gave me an RMA number on thursday morning, and I've sent it to them, and they've recieved it, so just waiting 7-10 days to see what happens.

I don't really want a replacement, seeing its such a crap card, and they don't seem to make them or stock them anymore anyway. SO fingers crossed for a refund :p

Associate
OP
OcUk sent me an XFX 6800 GS extreme edition as a replacement. The first one they sent, one of the bits (can't remember what they're called, cylander shaped) had come off. So I had to get that replaced, but that was swapped the day after so I didn't have to wait to long.

Back
Top Bottom