Lean and Green - modular dual PC scratch build

Associate
OP
Thats incredible, it looks like some kind of futuristic gothic grandfather clock. :D
:D Fun description, cheers.

I have absolutely no idea how I managed to miss this in the first place, but this is epic! in case you weren't aware: you are incredibly talented!
Been starting & stopping quite a lot on this one, thanks. :)

Been sorting the framework to get the gaming rig together, still a way to go but can pick it up by the lower rods like a trophy, load of filing & sanding & a little more framework to do now, had to do the curved pieces twice.

LAG-986.jpg

LAG-987.jpg

I'll do final assembly shots so it can be seen how it all goes together since I've skipped progress.

Associate
OP
Triple fan mount begins, so many rods cut, drilled & tapped, I'll try to complete it tomorrow, should be a sweet solid piece that snaps in place by tiny magnets in the ends & in the frame, hopefully they'll be strong enough to hold it firm. :)
LAG-993.jpg

LAG-994.jpg

Associate
OP
Just test fitted the triple fan & I don't like it so will stick with the noctua fans, the wire clips won on easy maintanance, took a picture of it installed though.
LAG-995.jpg

LAG-996.jpg

Associate
OP
So I've put it to use.
LAG-997.jpg

Specs
P67 MSI motherboard
i5 2500k @4.2ghz
Noctua d14 heat sink
8GB DDR3 @1866 Samsung low power
4GB GTX 770 SLI Gigabyte windforce
Corsair 860i PSU
Prolimatech, Akasa & Noctua fans
Lamptron fan controller
256GB Samsung SSD
1TB WD black
DVD optical

Associate
OP
Thanks all. :)

Gone mini-ITX all the way now.

Upgraded the HTPC to a z97 mobo with i3 4370 3.8ghz dual core 4 threads, far snappier than the AMD dual core 1.5ghz I had.

And

I sold the 2nd GTX 770 figuring it was a waste of electric for a smidge of extra eye candy so went mini-ITX for the gaming rig since the onboard audio was excellent on the HTPC.

Specs going into this one are.
Corsair AX860i
Gigabyte GA-Z97N-GAMING-5, I was that impressed with it I bought a 2nd one. :D
i5-4690K @4.3ghz
Noctua NH-D14
8GB DDR3
4GB GTX 770
256GB SSD
1TB HDD

So with the mini-ITX spec I designed & made a new case more suited.

And I'm calling it, Cubeydoodar. :p

Cubeydoodar1.png

Cubeydoodar2.png

Cubeydoodar3.jpg

Cubeydoodar4.jpg

Cubeydoodar5.jpg

Cubeydoodar6.jpg

Cubeydoodar7.jpg

Cubeydoodar8.jpg

Cubeydoodar9.jpg

The mesh will have to wait but what you see here took 2 good sessions, I loosely based the internal layout on a Lian Li case I like, supports 300mm GPU & 170mm CPU cooler, 1 HDD, 1 SSD, ATX PSU, was thinking back to basics on this one.

I did the panel edges bevelled like on the NUC project for nice sharp edges & used 10x 10mm nut blocks.

I'll post again when it's complete.

And yes, this means the ATX case isn't going to be used & this is probably the messiest project log ever. :D:p

Associate
OP
Added mesh, a window, USB 3 ports & a vandal switch, also painted the front & back panels a metallic graphite grey.
Cubeydoodar10.jpg

Cubeydoodar11.jpg

Cubeydoodar12.jpg

Cubeydoodar13.jpg

Cubeydoodar14.jpg

Cubeydoodar15.jpg

Cubeydoodar16.jpg

And it's now good to use so see you when I feel like making a much lower profile HTPC or decide to make a new case for the ps4. :)

Associate
OP
Thanks doyll :) I got the mesh from a place where tech is special & they usually have it in 2mm & 4mm hole diameter in size 500mm x 500mm, I think they have 1 left in 4mm & 0 for 2mm.
Blue before red. :D

Associate
OP
Took a few shots of the original idea for closure.
LeanampGreen1.jpg

LeanampGreen2.jpg

LeanampGreen3.jpg

LeanampGreen4.jpg

LeanampGreen5.jpg

LeanampGreen6.jpg

LeanampGreen7.jpg

LeanampGreen8.jpg

It's a wrap, no hardware to put in these so empty systems is the finale on this one.

Back
Top Bottom