LED Bulb Thread

Associate
Hi all,

Just thought i would share my LED bulb story.

In my kitchen i have 2 4 way light fixtures that used to have halogen bulbs in, I recently got an Electricity monitor and to my utter astonishment found that these lights were pulling 480watts :O, I thought "no way hoe-say", Popped to B&Q got 9 GU10 LED bulbs for under £20 installed them and now i have not seen the lights pulling more than 30 watts and they are brighter.

Am gonna go LED bulbs throughout the house especially as the darkness is closing in, Only issue is Bayonet LED's are not as easy to source. Why bother with stupid energy saving bulbs that take ages to get to their full brightness which is still dismal

The end

"I know, cool story bro!"

Associate
OP
Hi all,

In my kitchen i have 2 4 way light fixtures that used to have halogen bulbs in, I recently got an Electricity monitor and to my utter astonishment found that these lights were pulling 480watts :O, I thought "no way hoe-say", Popped to B&Q got 9 GU10 LED bulbs for under £20 installed them and now i have not seen the lights pulling more than 30 watts and they are brighter.

Am gonna go LED bulbs throughout the house especially as the darkness is closing in, Only issue is Bayonet LED's are not as easy to source. Why bother with stupid energy saving bulbs that take ages to get to their full brightness which is still dismal

The end

Just a bit of a follow on, These are still going strong, Not had any issue with any of them. When i had the Halogens fitted i was often getting them blowing on me to the point i stopped replacing them, But as said all 8 GU10 B&Q LED's are working with no issue's whatsover.

Associate
OP
Hi All

I've converted all 43 GU10 fittings in my flat to LED - all from the Diall range @ B&Q. I absolutely stand by the quality of these products. I am slightly biassed - i was part of the team who sourced them in the Far East.

Furthermore, the current range of Philips lamps (now withdrawn from Tesco) were severely over claiming according to the latest legislation. As will most of the bulbs you are finding on e8ay. Diall 35 & 50w are approximately equivalent to a 38 & 52w GU10 using the latest DIM 2 legislation.

If you join the B&Q club, you will get 3for2 on all bulbs as a permanent deal.

Sales pitch over :)

These are the ones I installed from the OP and have been going strong for months now, used often, hope b&q have the same deal.as they did when I first got them soon, 9 for £20, its probably saved me more than that in electricity by now.

Associate
OP
Hi all,

The end

Just in case anyone is interested in the lifetime of the B&Q GU10 bulbs I installed in my kitchen, they are all still going strong, not had any problems at all and it's been nearly 3 years, whole house is LED now and so far I have not had to replace any.

Back
Top Bottom