Left £20 in an ATM

Soldato
you've never made any absent minded mistakes in your entire life then? It's easy to do...

Leaving your cash in a machine 5 seconds after taking your card out is an absent minded mistake? id love to see one of your big mistakes! ;)

And no ive never left my cash or card in a machine. I have an attention span longer than 20 seconds thankfully.

Soldato
Just adding to the thread, you?

Been through all the handing things in, no one hands my things in. I've lost similar and people took it, so that's it!

Ah - the old "numerous wrongs I'm sure will eventually make a right" attitude.
I think maybe it would be dangerous for people to not keep their hand in their wallet pocket or to leave a mobile phone on a table around you.
Just a hunch.

Soldato
Ah - the old "numerous wrongs I'm sure will eventually make a right" attitude.
I think maybe it would be dangerous for people to not keep their hand in their wallet pocket or to leave a mobile phone on a table around you.
Just a hunch.

I think i've come across with the wrong attitude in my first post. At the time it happened i was actually asking the people behind me if they seen who was here before me. That's when he come running around the corner and just snatched it out my hand without saying anything. I thought you rude *beep*. It's only after the indecent i just wish i would have kept it. Thats why i worded it like i did. If i find any money on the floor i will pocket it though unless i know who's it is.

Example, i have just got back from ASDA and an old man left £5 note in the self scan, i could see him looking for his change but couldn't find it. He started to walk away so i jumped the que, got his money and handed it him.

I'm not some thief ! :(

Caporegime
You probably could put some feebly printed notes in that were the same size, I seriously doubt an ATM has an advanced check for notes put in as end users aren't meant to put notes in.

You would be caught though.

if you've thought of the idea, so have the engineers paid to come up with ways to scam the machine :p

Soldato
I found a £50 note in waitrose, I didn't see the point of handing it in because I'm sure if nobody claimed it it would be pocketed, and nobody was looking for it that I could tell, so I just kept it.

Associate
I did that years ago. Left £20 behind. I didn't realise that the ATM took it back until a mate told me. felt like I'd found some money when I checked my statement and it was returned. :)

Caporegime
I found a £50 note in waitrose, I didn't see the point of handing it in because I'm sure if nobody claimed it it would be pocketed, and nobody was looking for it that I could tell, so I just kept it.

probably someone who can afford to lose it anyway beeing a fifty

Soldato
probably someone who can afford to lose it anyway beeing a fifty

Yeah exactly. I wouldn't consider myself a thief for taking it, nobody came back to look for it and I hung around for a bit just in case anyone did so that I could hand it to them. I wasn't about to ask the other shoppers if they had just lost a £50 note because they all obviously would have said yes, and I seriously doubt that if I had handed it in it would have been dealt with properly.

Soldato
i also found £30 hanging out of a machine at Asda, nobody about so pocketed it, it wouldn't have got to its rightful owner anyway :D

On the flip side though, i went into the petrol station yesterday, picked up a packet of chewing gum, paid for it, got back into my car and drove off, and had forgotten to pick it up again off the counter, wouldn't mind but that's what i specifically went to the station for lol.

Soldato
What happens if you try to take a largish amount out say £200, and just pull a few notes out of the middle of the bunch and wait for the rest to be sucked back in? Will the machine realise or might you get credited the full amount and have the notes you took?

Man of Honour
What happens if you try to take a largish amount out say £200, and just pull a few notes out of the middle of the bunch and wait for the rest to be sucked back in? Will the machine realise or might you get credited the full amount and have the notes you took?

This was an "old" trick - but if you manage to do it, the journal roll will show a discrepancy when it's counted back. However the design has become more robust and as such the time it would take you to release the middle notes it would take the money back anyway.

Associate
Once I found about £40 next to a bin near a phone box and for some reason I gave about £15 to a friend I was with who wouldn't have even noticed I picked it up :p

Soldato
I lost two five pound notes when I was a kid, fell out my pocket outside and I didnt realise till half an hour later. Went back and they were still lying there, woot. Its a big deal when your poor :o

Also in high school, some girls in my year found several thousand pounds in a field. They handed it in and got a thankyou and a pic in the paper, fab :p

Back
Top Bottom