Lego Star wars replay again and again

Caporegime
Now I dont mind a bit of replay value in games but this is absurd. To complete the game with 100% First you have to play through in story mode to unlock freeplay. In freeplay you can then get the mini kits. In each mode you then have to get enough studs to get Jedi status, which takes more replay both in story mode and in freeplay.

Then once you have done all that you then have to play the game through every level against the clock, completing every level in an hour.

The kicker is there's loads of random lock ups with the super story mode, so you can play through for an hour and lock up.

To unlock everything you can end up playing this whole game through 10 times.

That to me is freaking stupid. I did want to try to beat this game but It's become harder than going to work, I will target 80% finish and then sell it on :D

Caporegime
OP
No I looked on xbox forums mate and the game is nototious on the return of the jedi levels for lock ups. Its even recommended to turn rumble off for some reason :confused:

Its a funny game but they have made it too much replay. I mean its not like your targetting different missions, you just have to play through again.

I mean its taken me nearly 30 hours I think to clock up 60%, and I still have to now go through and achieve jedi status on the levels I missed in story and free play (now I have x2) and then I should have enough credits to buy the ghost to do the levels without dieing. Which is another play through :D

Caporegime
OP
McManicMan said:
only time the game has locked up on me was the last level on the Jedi where your escaping from the explosion on the death star, but yeah i agree won't be playing again to achieve all items, ect,ect as some of them levels that require you not to get killed when using a vehicle is just way to hard

They dont count to the 100%. So you can fail those and still get the 100 :)

Madfruit, I agree to an extent but then this game requires about 10 run throughs of each level. That to me seems a bit extreme. Atleast with dead rising you targetted different side missions but playing through story, super story and free play are exactly the same level.

Dont get me wrong I love the game but I think its a bit extreme to make a 3 hour game into and 60 hour game by replaying it that much.

If you look at the lego section on xbox forums Mcd there are some good threads on lock ups and glitches. I'm sure your 360 is not in its death throws just yet.

Caporegime
OP
Toppy said:
That happened to me, I must have only been about 10 seconds from completing the level and it froze. Only thing was I was playing the Episode VI super story at the time, so didn't have to just replay that level but the five previous ones too, about an hours worth of gameplay. :mad:

It was the last gold brick I needed aswell, making it even more annoying.

Yeah this is another of my gripes about the 360. One save slot, ok fair enough they are trying to make the game harder by having fewer saves during a game. But would it really hurt to let you have a save whenever you wanted during a game. After all lots of games lock and glitch and also when your going for mini kits a single level can take over an hour and a run through on super story an hour or so too.

Whats the point of having all this memory and only save when the levels over.

"carp, 39 hours and only 680 pts? Is lego stars wars that tough, as i was guna get this tomorrow........"

Its more of a slog than hard. Getting undefeated in the flying missions IS hard though. It couldve done with the stud muliplier's being a bit cheaper to save for in the beginning, because I have 70 of the 99 blocks and only have the x2 muliplier and no other extra brought apart from the bounty hunters a tie fighter and the emp. By the time I can afford the x4 I will finish the game and you get infinite studs then anyway to buy everything up.

Caporegime
OP
DeFrEaTs said:
I have to step in to defend this game somewhat here. The 'Jedi Status' is incredibly easy to get, and I have picked it up by simply playing each level in Story mode so far. I have picked it up easily again in Free play and the levels I have done in Free mode for the minikits, I have found all 10 in the first run.

The 'Super Story' mode is admittedly tedious, as there seems to be no way to save half way through, but other than that it is a great game. Although I am not as far as 60% through, I can only count the need for 2 replays on top of the first play through to get 100% (assuming you don't rush it and take the time to explore each level).

The secret areas are absolutely massive and have lots of fun features in that really improve on the game meaning that a level is totally different in story mode than free play... so perhaps 2 times ;)

Laugh it up fuzzball, your at 20% wait til your at 80 then tell me about replays ;)

Lego city totally did my head in you have to get 1 million studs, thats everyone on the map. You cant miss anything. I really couldve done with atleast one save point. I wanted to quit I had 987,000 but once you leave your screwed.

The extras are great but you can't use them enough. By the time you can afford them you will have 99 blocks and the unlimited fountain of studs. So all that happens is you get that then buy everything at the cantina for the 100%

So now all I have to do is run through the story mode again for jedi status and then do the bonus missions and super story mode for the last 25 blocks. I reckon thats 9 or 10 hours gameplay just there. :D

Caporegime
OP
DeFrEaTs said:
*cries* I was proud of my 20% mark, so excuuuuussseee meee :D

On another note, has anyone picked up the character pack? It's 200 points and I think adds 50 characters. I might give it a go, myself but can't find much info / comments on it.

Theres stuff about it on xbox.com. Adds nothing apart from characters and whats the point of that. Doing the level through with the Emp is practically the same as darth maul. People where getting exited on xbox.com because you can play through as anakin and luke, wetting themselves as father and son playing in the same game. :confused:

I mean I don't even use the players Ive unlocked in freeplay. Just need one Bounty hunter and the emp.

Caporegime
OP
Now i'm at 95.6% complete. 4 blocks to get for the full 99. And I have to yet go through the complete game two more times. Super story mode on each level and then again with ghost anakin for the undefeated levels. :eek:

Caporegime
OP
McDaniel said:
Well played Dan :)

I'll finish eventually - the random crashings have put me off for a bit - having a blast on Madden though

Yeah what you really need with this game is another SP game to break it up. I have nothing else to play so Ive been wading through it.

I was a victim of two lock ups myself today. Chapter 2 in rotj when you cross the stream and exiting the death star 2 in rotj. The trouble is when you do super story you have to do all 6 chapters in one hit. I dont fancy my chances of getting through the whole of rotj in one hit with no lock ups.

Caporegime
OP
MadFruit said:
Hurrah - well I got 100% today and all but three of the achievements (didn't do Hoth (Ep V, Part 1), Escape in the Falcon (Ep V, Part 3) or Death Star 2 (Ep VI, Part 6).

Had a little play after getting the 100% and turned it off after I scored 1.2 billion studs :D Who said stuff was expensive ;) :p

And I did it all with any lock ups at all. Weird. I guess my console must just be super rock solid or something :confused:

Well done, I dont ever see me getting some of those flying ones. The last death star run is a killer, those lighting thingies in the core area do my head in. Purely because the camera angles so bad.

Any tips for the endor million grab on the bonus levels. The one where your flying. Its the only one I cant get near.

Those areas for lock ups are weird, its suggested that rumble is turned off and you cross the stream slowly to avoid locking. Like you I had none til today. I hope they patch it out.

Isnt that studs thing pointless, by the time you get enough studs to muck around your finished and bored of the game :D

Caporegime
OP
Thanks I will give that a go tonight, I'm gonna target the undefeated this week and build up to the super stories for the weekend :D

Are they the exact same levels? Can you do them with extras turned on to make it faster?

Caporegime
OP
Creature said:
I must be sad...12 hours...60.4 %.

It all depends on what you have brought, at that point I had brought nothing but the Emperor. As soon as I brought the multiplier and characters I went over 80.

I worked out

I did an initial story run through
Then Freeplay to get all the mini kits
Then Freeplay to get studs to true jedi on the ones I failed.
Then Story to get True jedi.

Now I need to do Super story (Should be 100% then)
Then Freeplay to get the Undefeated achievements.

So I should do it in 6 complete run throughs. I reckon 4-5 average hours gameplay per run though is generous.

Its a real pain not being able to skip cut scenes.

Caporegime
OP
MadFruit said:
Yep - just get at least the 100,000 studs and you'll get the block. I've never done it within the times limit - usually about 3-5 minutes out. It might be that doing either will give you the block..

26 seconds over in Ep1. I really am glad they didnt make it one hour only or the disc would be in half now :D

I will tackle 2 on tuesday and 3 on wednesday :D

The falcon trick worked on the bomus level thanks, I also bought unlimited torps which helped.

Caporegime
OP
one hour and 23 minutes through ROTJ super story as I exit the death star, LOCKED UP. Last god damn block. Try again tommorow. On xbox.com people have had to try this 6 times before getting it without a lock up.

Caporegime
OP
Beepcake said:
Not that it will make you feel any better, but I did it first go without a hitch. 30-ish hours total.. last bit felt like a grind though!

Yeah I know its hit and miss whether it locks, I will just try it once per day until I luck in. I wouldn't mind but Jedi is the worst of the 3. I hate the Speeder level and Jabba's palace.

Caporegime
OP
GOT IT, thank ****

99 out of 99 :D

Now I'm sitting there with the xbox running in the back ground collecting studs from the fountain, cant be bothered to keep running round for the hours its going to take so I positioned a man and have some of the studs hitting him every time. Should only take about 3 hours :rolleyes:

Then I can start buying the multipliers and hopefully buy the rest of the upgrades for 100%

Then its just anakin for the undefeated and I can use the darkside of the force on the disc.

Caporegime
OP
Beepcake said:
Once you get the 4x and 2x enabled at once it only takes a few minutes to get the next ones if you buy them in turn and switch them on.

I got the x2 on and its taken about 35 minutes to get 6million studs, just about to get the x4.

Caporegime
OP
Beepcake said:
That's the ballache one.. it's much quicker after that :)

Oh yeah baby, once you get the x6 it really starts to flow in :D

100% :)

Just played the first mission using Ghost, why does he sometimes not shoot when you switch to a character with a blaster, have you noticed that?

Back
Top Bottom