Lemnis Gate - Turn based, Timeloop FPS

Associate
I havent seen any other thread on this game. It is a turn based, time loop FPS. It is hard to explain so a video probably explains better than I could:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiqJiO55PPM

I am loving it though - completely different to anything I've played before. It took me a while to get my head around the concept, but now I have done it is a case of trying and learning new strategies.

It's free on GamePass and reasonably priced on Steam. Well worth a look if anybody is after a different sort of FPS. If anbody does have it and fancies a few games send me a friend request:

GamePass: fakeGenius1
Steam Friend Code: 67556707

Soldato
Saw someone play on youtube, looks really interesting, but I'm not an FPS player whatsoever. Really like the tactical foresight side of it though. Just on a little view, it looks like splash damage weaponry is very powerful for funnelling future players, and then taking them all out with another later splash.

Associate
OP
The FPS side I think is the least important aspect to it, but there are times when you need to execute FPS skills quite well. That being said the strategy side is extremely important and I think a good strategist will beat a good FPS player. You are quite right that denying your opponents to certain areas is important. I played a game this morning where I used Deathblow's rockets to basically cut off an opponents route to an objective. Most people go for the objective first and then use their remaining time to fire random shots, but I started straight away firing rockets at their choke point on the map. Then, last few seconds took the object. My opponent quit after realising he couldnt get to one of the objectives. There is always a counter though.

Soldato
The FPS side I think is the least important aspect to it, but there are times when you need to execute FPS skills quite well. That being said the strategy side is extremely important and I think a good strategist will beat a good FPS player. You are quite right that denying your opponents to certain areas is important. I played a game this morning where I used Deathblow's rockets to basically cut off an opponents route to an objective. Most people go for the objective first and then use their remaining time to fire random shots, but I started straight away firing rockets at their choke point on the map. Then, last few seconds took the object. My opponent quit after realising he couldnt get to one of the objectives. There is always a counter though.

Think that's when I'd have ran through, get killed, focus on objectives. Then in a later round, use a sniper to kill your rocket man. Or a shield from the robot to save the player running through the rockets, if I could get the sniper shot off.

Tactically there's a huge amount to it, but if you're not good enough to pull off the shield on the character, or the long range sniper shot etc, you'll lose anyway, even with good strategy.

Associate
OP
Think that's when I'd have ran through, get killed, focus on objectives. Then in a later round, use a sniper to kill your rocket man. Or a shield from the robot to save the player running through the rockets, if I could get the sniper shot off.

Tactically there's a huge amount to it, but if you're not good enough to pull off the shield on the character, or the long range sniper shot etc, you'll lose anyway, even with good strategy.

After playing it quite a bit more I am finding myself agreeing with you more. Strategy is very important - you really do have to think about how you are going to approach each round. That being said FPS skills are more important than I thought. If you are trying to cap an objective in a round you must be very careful to do it in such a way that makes you difficult to kill. That means efficient movement, map knowledge and speed. As the most efficient strategies emerge I think the execution of those strategies will be more important. Then if you are defending or countering then, as you mention, you need good aim - at the moment it's not too bad, but as people realise that good movement is key then aim becomes even more important.

It's a great game though and really good fun to play. I am looking forward to watching some high level play - I think it has esports potential.

Soldato
After playing it quite a bit more I am finding myself agreeing with you more. Strategy is very important - you really do have to think about how you are going to approach each round. That being said FPS skills are more important than I thought. If you are trying to cap an objective in a round you must be very careful to do it in such a way that makes you difficult to kill. That means efficient movement, map knowledge and speed. As the most efficient strategies emerge I think the execution of those strategies will be more important. Then if you are defending or countering then, as you mention, you need good aim - at the moment it's not too bad, but as people realise that good movement is key then aim becomes even more important.

It's a great game though and really good fun to play. I am looking forward to watching some high level play - I think it has esports potential.

Yeah, I'm watching a streamer at the moment who has a lot of interesting strategies, and whilst he makes some bad plays, he's clearly a very skilled FPS player, and it's important. Sniping across the map etc. Out of near equally skilled fps players, good strategy will decide who wins basically every time. But if one is simply very good at FPS and the other isn't, the other will struggle to use strategy to a high enough degree to overcome that.

Soldato
Who are you watching, just out of interest?

On youtube, a guy called riipper roo did a 5 hour livestream. Annoyingly, he doesn't seem to have done anything else since.

He posts up tips and strategies too. I do like the "accidental kill" strategy, but he doesn't seem to have fully utilised it in my mind.

Basically start with the rocket guy, shoot long distance, make sure to make one shot into a wall very close to where you start. Then on a later character, accidentally stand them in that spot, as soon as they are killed use them properly. Maybe even do 2 characters. Then your last character, use the robot, and shield that spot, so they're actually active players in the final round.

I reckon if you do it on a map where there are 3 objectives or more, and only target that objective with your "dead" character (after your opponent has taken it), you've a decent chance of taking it, since your opponent may not bother with that point again, assuming they've got it won.

Back
Top Bottom