Lenovo Legion Go

Get none of it except for OLED. SOC is barely any better and screen res is still the same.
Bigger screen
OLED
Weighs slightly less
Better APU
Better speakers
Bigger battery
Better Wifi
Better thermals (and thermal noise)
Joysticks improved
Easier to upgrade some parts
Slightly better performance (RAM is a bit faster going by reviews)

So just about all internals improved apart from hardware performance and device size.

Bigger screen
OLED
Weighs slightly less
Better APU
Better speakers
Bigger battery
Better Wifi
Better thermals (and thermal noise)
Joysticks improved
Easier to upgrade some parts
Slightly better performance (RAM is a bit faster going by reviews)

So just about all internals improved apart from hardware performance and device size.

I'll stick with my comment above :)

I've seen the panel on these is actually native portrait that then converts to landscape and it's possibly the reason why some games may not work well with it? Much truth to this?

Edit - Apparently (reddit sources) Lenovo stated pre-release that review samples would be a portrait panel and final release would be native landscape. Looks like this isn't the case and release are still exactly the same native portrait panels. This is why the support for the likes of steam deck appears worthwhile, as who knows what you'll get with Lenovo.

Last edited:
The thing is though that Valve's Steam OS only lets you play and buy games through their store. So if they release a perfect OS for these devices and the only store you can get the games from is theirs, it's a money maker! They probably take a 20 percent cut of all game sales, maybe less I'm not sure.

So what's the difference between this and the iOS/Google stores?

Existing handheld devices already have exclusive stores with zero competition

And valve takes a 30% cut and they always have. No one has tried to regulate valve with an anti trust lawsuit

Last edited:
These were intermittently coming in and out of stock around 10am this morning at Currys. I missed the first go while trying to check out but was successful the second time around, although I got an email saying my shipment will be delayed, whilst most others who ordered this morning having already got their DPD tracking for delivery tomorrow.

Although I've spoken to customer service and they say it will be delivered in 48-78 hours, so fingers crossed!

So what's the difference between this and the iOS/Google stores?

Existing handheld devices already have exclusive stores with zero competition

And valve takes a 30% cut and they always have. No one has tried to regulate valve with an anti trust lawsuit
They're incorrect anyway. You can use any storefront just as you can with Android. No idea about apple as I keep away.

They're incorrect anyway. You can use any storefront just as you can with Android. No idea about apple as I keep away.
The point I was trying to make (badly, as you can sideload etc with other launchers) is that Steam OS just links to Valves store so smoothly with no messing around. Check the game is validated, buy, download and play. Sure, it might be a couple of quid cheaper on Epic games or GOG but messing around needing a mouse and keyboard or logging in to third party launchers is for people like us! Not the majority of people that could use Steam OS.

Not sure how accurate this is but sounds like Valve are seriously trying to get Steam OS out on to other devices:

The point I was trying to make (badly, as you can sideload etc with other launchers) is that Steam OS just links to Valves store so smoothly with no messing around. Check the game is validated, buy, download and play. Sure, it might be a couple of quid cheaper on Epic games or GOG but messing around needing a mouse and keyboard or logging in to third party launchers is for people like us! Not the majority of people that could use Steam OS.

Not sure how accurate this is but sounds like Valve are seriously trying to get Steam OS out on to other devices:

If I buy I buy on Steam because there's no better choice and I don't want to have to login to four or five different launchers unless I absolutely have to. Really it doesn't matter though because you can never get away from the crappy DRM by being a valued customer.

I agree, it's definitely easy to just buy from steam, but it's also difficult to avoid no matter what pc platform you're using.

Steam deck does a great job of making PC feel like console out of the box and that's the real advancement. Valve have been trying to make PC gaming more accessible for a while now. Best example being steam input.

Has anyone used the legion go yet, after the mrs making me sell my gaming pc for space im looking for something to play COD on.

Has anyone used the legion go yet, after the mrs making me sell my gaming pc for space im looking for something to play COD on.
Is COD Well optimised? You might be quite please if so, I haven't used it but the Ally has Z1 Extreme so same performance basically. I get great performance on Train Simulator World 4.

Had mine for a week.

It's early days yet but. Hardware seems good (controllers could be a better fit in the hand) but software needs some work.
The device comes with 3 months of Game Pass Ultimate so taking advantage of that. Just been playing Jusant for now, running fine!

Tried hooking it up to my TV but had various issues.
Windows was trying to connect at 144hz, had to drop it to 60 and then I got an image (running through a Hue Sync Hub).

It connected as a second screen - so I had two 4k screens, when I ran Jusant on the TV, it was very jerky - I put that down to the device having to handle two screens.
When I told to windows to only use the second screen, I just got a black screen on the TV - I belive this was due to windows switching back to 144hz - this may have been sorted with the new update that came out on Friday which has added extra settings for secondary screens - yet to try it.

Also had issues connecting a PS4 controller to it. Again, the latest update has added extra support for this.

Good to see Lenovo fully committed (for now anyway) to getting the main issues ironed out. A beta firmware is currently available that improves framerate etc - I am sticking to the release version for now.

This is a great place to go for the latest news:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom