Levi 501s...will they shrink much?

Soldato
Genuine question for all the owners...

Having got fed up of poor quality god awful primark jeans, I'm considering getting a decent pair of Levi's...

How do you justify spending that much on a single pair of jeans? o.O

kd

Well you answered your own question there. They aren't poor quality god awful jeans. Mine cost £55 and £65 for the two pairs I own, it's not exactly a huge amount of money.

Caporegime
What's the quality like with All Saints jeans? I do find pretty much everything they sell rather tatty and overpriced, not sure about the jeans though.

These are really good and i got it less than half price in TK Maxx ! lol Walked into All Saints and the same pair was like £85, I paid £30.

Now, I have a couple of pairs of G-Star, 5 pairs of Diesel, 2 pairs of DKNY, a pair of Levi's and a pair of Lee Jeans and some call Blood & Glitter.

Pretty much all of the main ones are very close in quality, Blood & Glitter ones however started off like slim fit, its now more like straight cut ?!

But All Saints to me seems to be really good, if only i could find another pair for the same price!

Man of Honour
Levis do shrink very slightly in general. Most of mine shrank, some after about 10 washes but most after 3 or 4.

Lol at George jeans. They're cut for people who eat a poor diet.

Commissario
I have about 5 pairs of Levi's, not sure why I just prefer them to any other brand!

I've heard from lots of people who work there that you shouldn't wash them in the first 2 months if possible, and if you do have to then make sure you wash them inside out, with the zip done up.

Soldato
OP
Appreciate the replies. These are the 501s that I bought. Can I expect the colour to fade much from what it is in that picture? Shame I didn't get them for that price though.

Soldato
OP
They'll only face if you wash them regularly and don't wash inside out!

Sorry Maccy I misread this a few days ago and only just reread it. So I shouldn't wash them inside out? I thought you were supposed to. What's the reason for not doing so?

Soldato
No, they will not shrink permanently (they may shrink slightly in the waist but that will stretch out again), they have already been factory rinsed to give it that so called "ground down" effect so any shrinkage has now happened.

Back
Top Bottom