LG 27GP850-B

Soldato
Don't think I've seen this one mentioned on here:

KEY FEATURES

• 27" QHD (2560 x 1440) Nano IPS Display
  • IPS 1ms (GtG) Response Time and 165Hz Refresh Rate (O/C 180Hz)
  • NVIDIA® G-SYNC® Compatible with AMD FreeSync™ Premium
  • DCI-P3 98% Color Gamut with VESA DisplayHDR 400
  • 3-Side Virtually Borderless Display
  • Tilt/Height/Pivot Adjustable Stand

Associate
Looks pretty good to me, I've been looking at the "old" model of this and some similar. Nearly picked up the Dell s2721dgf on sale the other day, depending on price I might hold for this.

Associate
Aw shoot. Now I’m wondering did I jump the gun in ordering the Dell S2721dgf at the weekend. It was £322 to be fair.

if youre just using it for pc usage the dell is the best bang for the buck and not far off anyway. I want to use ps5 on the monitor (needs 4k downscaler) and thats the only thing missing from the dell for me. Ultimately im paying a lot of premium over the dell for the lg. The dell is so good for the money you wont be disappointed.

Soldato
if youre just using it for pc usage the dell is the best bang for the buck and not far off anyway. I want to use ps5 on the monitor (needs 4k downscaler) and thats the only thing missing from the dell for me. Ultimately im paying a lot of premium over the dell for the lg. The dell is so good for the money you wont be disappointed.
Cheers. Yep all PC usage that’s for sure. I’m coming from a 34 inch ultrawide so did initially look at 32 inch monitors to offset the loss in horizontal screen size. However the majority are VA panels (which is partly why I’m moving on from my UW in the first place) and cost a heck of a lot more than their 27 inch IPS counterparts.
I’ve had my monitor for 3 years now so I’ve been out of the game for a while but this boom in high quality FLAT 27 1440p gaming monitors is great to see and has certainly upped the competition.

Associate
Cheers. Yep all PC usage that’s for sure. I’m coming from a 34 inch ultrawide so did initially look at 32 inch monitors to offset the loss in horizontal screen size. However the majority are VA panels (which is partly why I’m moving on from my UW in the first place) and cost a heck of a lot more than their 27 inch IPS counterparts.
I’ve had my monitor for 3 years now so I’ve been out of the game for a while but this boom in high quality FLAT 27 1440p gaming monitors is great to see and has certainly upped the competition.

yeah there does seem to be a lack of 32" 1440p bar like the odyssey g7. Which is an amazing monitor even for VA but curved sadly. 27" wise i honestly havent seen a better option in the UK, lg gl850 for example uses a worse tuned version of the same panel in the dell you bought. The rest of the 1440p monitors arent as good as the dell, until you get up to the £500 price range for like the MSI mag 274qrf-qd which is great but sometimes over saturated and has panel QC issues. I was going to buy one of those but im now waiting for the GP850

Associate
i also emailed LG asking for advice on when its being released and they just said follow your retailers like.. useful :D then sent me a link to the wrong monitor on their website as its not on their website yet. Im hoping its around the second week of june or something.

Back
Top Bottom