LG 27GP950

Associate
Do any PC (without console) users ever choose HDMI over Displayport though?

Generally no but until DP 2.0 is a thing HDMI 2.1 will have better bandwidth and not be dependent on DSC to get the best out this monitor so makes sense to use hdmi for PC too.
Once DP 2.0 is released DP will be the best connection again.

Obviously if you are using a TV HDMI will be your only option too.

Last edited:
Associate
Really hope we can preorder, this would go very nice for my dual screen setup with its older brother 27GN950.
Any news of if gonna still be available to preorder today, considering the push back release date ?

Associate
hi folks apologies if I've missed this but do we have an updated timescale to pre order this monitor ?

was looking at the rog 43 inch but seems a bit to big and couldn't find a monitor arm to support it :)

Last edited:
Associate
Does anyone know if the 27GP950 come with good enough HDMI cables? Assuming you need the Ultra High Speed HDMI ones or HDMI 2.1 certified or something. Wondered if that comes as part of the package or it's worth buying separately. Couldn't see any specifics on LGs website.

Associate
Does anyone know if the 27GP950 come with good enough HDMI cables? Assuming you need the Ultra High Speed HDMI ones or HDMI 2.1 certified or something. Wondered if that comes as part of the package or it's worth buying separately. Couldn't see any specifics on LGs website.

The 27GN950 came with an HDMI cable in the box, but considering that model was only HDMI 2.0 it was probably a standard HDMI cable. For the 27GP950, you'll likely want to aim for a cable that is rated for 48Gbps of bandwidth. I'd expect it to come with at least one of these cables in the box to ensure compatibility. Although considering this monitor is partly targeted at Xbox Series X and PS5 users too, I wouldn't be surprised if they said "Screw it, they already have the one that came with the console" and leave it out to save a few pennies.

Associate
Anyone know when this will ship? I know it was a pre order so not expecting it, just intrigued. Been waiting for this for a long old time

Associate
Sorry, but no. It was received via email, this was 19th of March, this is an ETA, my focus would be on the estimated part of it.
That is very confusing then...

As the other thread "LG 27GP950 AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER NOW - LIMITED AVAILABILITY" which was posted on the 25th March starts of with them saying it is due late April...
Ah well, not the end of the world. I believe Nik did say that everything is pretty "fluid" at the moment.
All we can hope for is some sort of confirmation of the delivery details/dates.

Thanks for the reply though

Back
Top Bottom