LG 27UK650-W vs LG 27UK850-W

Soldato
So the 600, 650 and 850 are all exactly the same LG 4K UHD IPS panel - the difference is spec is what gives the 3 model numbers

Good to know. Is there any word as to when stock might arrive at OcUK? They seem to have been on 'pre-order' for quite a while now. I sent the shop a webnote but it was suggested that I watch the forums for news - not seen an ETA yet :)

Soldato
there we go :)

was the option you were considering one of those two models?

Honestly, I was originally interested in the 850 for use with a Mac USB-C laptop in a dual-monitor single-cable set-up, but as I don't believe it has any support for chaining additional displays, I would have to use a second cable to accomplish this. Instead, I am now considering getting an external Thunderbolt 3 dock and the 600 / another monitor, which would allow me to do everything with a single cable.

The 650 is of no benefit to me over the 600 as I'd be using a VESA mounting arm.

Soldato
Fair Shout! sounds like you know what you want to do!

Changed my mind back again as the TB3 docks are so expensive (>£200) - ordered the 850 from OcUK this morning, so I'm looking forward to seeing how it works with the USB-C cable. If I want a second screen with my laptop, I'll just plug in a second cable.

Nice and Sunny in Cambridge (your location on your profile) - I am near Huntingdon :)

Not quite as nice today alas :p

Soldato
Will there be G-Sync versions of these screens available too?

I'd be really interested in a G-Sync version of the LG 27UK850-W too. I thought about going Ultrawide, but I think HDR is more impressive visually. The low PPI of my Dell U2713HM is starting to annoy me :(

Associate
So the 600, 650 and 850 are all exactly the same LG 4K UHD IPS panel - the difference is spec is what gives the 3 model numbers
Hello Daniel.

I have the UK 650-W, I actually bought it after reading this thread. The motion blur on FIFA 18 (ps4 pro) is really bad.
I did some googling and found that one site and one site only mentions that the 850 has '1ms motion blur reduction'
https://www.fixplus.gr/en/monitor-lg-27uk850-27-black-silver-monitors-69d-agora

Im going through the settings on the 650 and this option is not there, can you confirm wether it is a feature on the 850? it might help my blur problem.

Thanks

Associate
Last year I bought a 27UD88 for home, just now ordered/received a 27UK850 for the office. Now a colleague is ordering the 850 too as he likes it so much. Both are awesome. I use the '88 with windows surface, desktop, and macbook pro, the 850 just with MPB, and it was the USB-C connectivity that drew me to both . Like the improvements on the 850 like speaker, prefer the stand but it was already an excellent product!

Soldato
Cool :D I'm still waiting for my 850 after ordering it a week and a half ago. It seems OcUK have some stock issues given that it's available everywhere else :confused:

Associate
OP
The LG27UD69P has a contrast ratio of 1300:1 and 300 nits of brightness.
The LG 27UK650-W has a contrast ratio of 1000:1 and a peak bright of 450 nits and HDR.

Is contrast ratio more desirable than maximum brightness?

How long is the warranty on LG screens?

Last edited:
Associate
Hi All, I just came across this thread after finding this comparison website..

https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/comparison/b27344322

Key differences are..

1. Port connectivity
2. Power consumption
3. The 850 actually has 2% less display area (which seems odd)
4. Last but not least, there are two "features" that I don't fully understand from a hardware perspective, given the panels are identical.
A. Super resolution+
B. True Color Pro

I'm guessing the two features are software tunable.

*update

True Color Pro
http://www.lg.com/ca_en/support/product-help/CT20098114-20150156728364-software-and-drivers

*Super Resolution

Super Resolution: Adjusts the resolution to make dim and blurred images clearer.

Gamma: Adjusts the medium

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom