LG 27UK650-W vs LG 27UK850-W

Soldato
Hi, I've just bought a 650. If I have a HDR source (game or video) how do I get HDR on the monitor... i assume I don't have to activate the HDR effect?? I have a quadro P6000 and display port to display port cable to the monitor. Quadro is DP1.4, monitor is DP1.2. Windows 10 display settings won't let me turn on HDR for games and apps. Do I need to go for a DP to HDMI cable ?

Associate
Hey guys,
Odd question here :)

I have the 27uk600 model and then I found a broken (display) 27uk850 being sold for parts (very cheap).

Do you think it is possible to successfully replace the backings of the monitors ? As in, use the back from 850 (as it has all the USB ports and the adjustable stand) on the 600.

Associate
Haik: Hi, I bet it would be easy if you're a bit of tinkerer. I have quite a bit experience with fixing electronic and while I can't say for sure without looking at the device, the panel itself is same, so I wouldn't really expect any major issues if it is just the panel what is broken there (unless a lot of glue and other effort is put in there to stop you).

Associate
Hello everybody, may I ask for a bit of help from owners of UK850? I bought it and immediately returned as there was an ugly bug hidden in mine. When it wakes up after being asleep by Windows power savings, it restarts its USB hub. If it doesn't sound important, imagine you have downloads running, opened remote sessions to servers and backup running to external drive, all those through USB-C. You come back to the PC, move your mouse and effectively terminate all those processes. Ugly, ugly thing. LG support said it shouldn't be happening, so I arranged a replacement in my eshop but a new one behaved the very same! I tried on two different PC laptops (Zenbook and Yoga). Always the same. I am convinced now it's a poor design of the device itself. Could anyone confirm that behavior?

What I tried was: disconnecting everything including the external USB hub (which has own powerbrick though) and for the test I used only my backlit keyboard and connected it to one of the USB ports on the monitor. I let it sleep, keyboard remained lit as expected with Deep sleep mode on the monitor set to off but the moment I hit space and screen starts to wake up, the keyboard goes off, you can hear Windows sound that 'new hw found' and a few seconds later keyboard backlight and LEDs are back on. Clearly it is not issue with power hungry devices or too many devices at once, it's more like the whole monitor restarts while it should only wake up.

Back
Top Bottom