1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG 34GK950G, 3440x1440, G-Sync, 120Hz

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by Stu, Mar 21, 2018.

1. RSR

Sgarrista

I'm pretty much set on one of these now (F Model) to replace my Asus screens as I have been reading alot of postive comments about them.

2. MiMaty

Associate

By the way, do you experience small horizontal banding on darker colors? It is mostly visible on dark grey, where, from close distance, I can see few little strokes which have a bit different (but very similiar) color. It's hard to see it from normal viewing position tbh. Hard to take a photo

3. MiMaty

Associate

On darker backgrounds (but not completely black) such as dark grey, dark red there are a lot of horizontal scan lines with a bit darker tone. They are hard to see from normal viewing distance (they absorb into the background), but when I increase the brightness or look on the screen from close distance they are clearly visible. On white background there is no way to see them.
    I took a few photos (they are a bit exaggerated) and marked those lines with arrow. Please ignore that discoloration around the edges as it's mostly glow. I've updated firmware. Firstly thought that it's a problem with cable or GPU, even tried lowering refresh rate but it didn't help and I realized that it happens also when monitor is disconnected from GPU, so it seems to be a problem with panel.

https://imgur.com/a/9UhrFJD

The question is - is it normal for that type of panel (big curved IPS) or should I RMA it?

4. Nerusy

Wise Guy

A word of caution to those who will choose to return the monitor under DSR/CCR. ocuk WILL NOT arrange for a pick up through DPD business (business branch is the one that can actually deliver monitors), even if you offer to cover costs.

DPD Local does not deliver monitors. You can trick the system by filling it as something else or by just adding stuff like "IPS Gaming" but then you risking the delivery man refusing to honour the delivery and cancelling it. Also don't bother with £50 insurance as it does not cover monitors.

I had to go through UPS and it cost me around £30 to deliver it back to ocuk.

The monitor is amazing but once again, you need to be a lucky chap to get one without a dead pixel.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  5. Cooper

Wise Guy

I don't understand this, at all. When I returned my Gigabyte Aorus monitor a couple of months ago it was dead easy, OcUK arranged the return and didn't charge me anything, all I had to do was drop it off at my local Currys (Yuk! felt dirty going in one of those :) ) which was the nearest DPD pick up point.

6. Nerusy

Wise Guy

Did you return it under defect or dsr? For defect they will arrange the delivery back to ocuk and cover the costs. For sending stuff back under dsr from now on the consumer has to arrange and pay for sending it back, says so on their return policy as well.

7. bubski

Associate

Hello everybody!

I'm helpless… I can't find any information about the differences between:
    34GK950F
    34GK950F-B
    34GK950F-W

Does any know and can share? Thanks!
    I'm thinking of getting one, but the one in stock is 34GK950F.

8. Daniel - LG

LG Rep

there is no difference, there is only one version of 34gk950f

9. bubski

Associate

Thank you!

10. MiMaty

Associate

I just received another unit and you know what? It is the same. So either I am really unlucky either it is normal. Do you also experience the same issue? My monitor is from february 2019. Please let me know as I can still return the monitor.

It doesn't bother me that much, but I wonder if it is a defect.

https://imgur.com/a/m6oNChf

11. bubski

Associate

I don't think I see anything like that in my unit. But then again, I may not be looking for the right thing (I don't clearly see the lines in you pictures either).

---

I've been using it for a couple of days and I'm quite happy.
    BLB could probably be better, but I think I'm fine with what I have: https://imgur.com/a/6sYg8zu (dark room, black, brightness 40)
    What do you think?

12. MiMaty

Associate

It's easiest to see if you turn grey uniform color and look on the screen from close distance.

BLB is quite good, similiar to what I experienced in my 2 units.

13. The Old School Gamer

Gangster

Here is a nice dark room, black screen picture taken of my screen.
    But don't panic! it is a highly exaggerated image since I used a mega high ISO profile on the camera to pick up all the light emitted detail. (e.g black appears as blue etc)
    In normal daylight and room lighting conditions you don't detect any of that bleed.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  14. bubski

Associate

15. joker666

Associate

16. The Old School Gamer

Gangster

The RGB light ring is only on the Gsync 'G' model.

17. bubski

Associate

I don't see anything like that. There's only the 'nipple'.

https://www.lg.com/pl/monitory/lg-34GK950F-B this is the freesync model and it says it has it.

18. joker666

Associate

Oh is it!! Apologies my bad..

19. The Old School Gamer

Gangster

Looks like the website has the wrong specs up for the 950F-B.
    It also says the 950F-B is 120hz when it's actually 144hz... hence those specs are for the 950G model.

20. bubski

Associate

You are right! So it's probably a mixup and joker666 was right, only the gsync models have it then, I suppose.