LG announces the 32GS95UE - worlds first 480hz OLED monitor

So my review of this monitor before I return it..
  • This monitor is much MUCH darker than my LG C2 42"
  • The colours also look washed out when playing games, this is after much tweaking around on recommended settings from TFT central
  • The matte coating smears texts and makes thin lines look like they are heavily aliased
  • The DSC creates tons of banding in games and desktop makes it look like a garbage gif viewing party
  • There is also horrendous grey vertical lines running through the monitor out of the box
  • The cost is insane for what it is..
I do wonder how the next generation of monitors will be, and whether they'll remove the garbage matte coating - I am really annoyed at how bad it really is and how no one picked it up, other than one reviewer here:

For the love of God please don't buy this.. it has been a costly mistake for me as the retailer who sold it takes a 10% admin for returns :S

PS: This is by far the worst LG product I have ever owned, and probably up there with the worst tech I have owned.. for context in my house we have 4 OLED Tvs from the E6 to the C2 so my disappointment with this substandard monitor hurts. I also have multiple non-oled LG monitors and this is by far the worst performing item they have ever released.

Can you not take photo of the greys and say its broken? Save the 10% fee?

Also only the states have 2 year burn in warranty on the lg monitor. There's no confirmation that I or other reddit ppl could find that says otherwise. Ofc that could change if they make a public announcement. Pretty most other large companies have burn in warranty for a couple of years now.

Yeah the Matte coating isn't just like normal IPS coating, I have a Dual-up LG monitor right next to it, and the IPS matte coating does not impact clarity. I think the layering of the matte coating over the MLA layer creates additional refraction between the layers thus causing actual smearing. It is horrendous if you have any kind of OCD. Also agree with the comment about people just trying to justify it after dropping a wad of cash.

More generally the immersion of a 42" at say 15" from your eyes is much nicer than a 32" - If anyone is ever tempted by this or any 32" monitor I would highly suggest testing it.. you can come around to my house and I will dissuade you :D

Yeah the horizontal lines visible are an open issue with WOLED panels by LG apparently as multiple reviewers have commented on it.

Back
Top Bottom