****LG G6****

Soldato
This will be officially unveiled 26th February. A day before MWC 2017.

Rumoured of known specs:
CPU: Snapdragon 821(as Samsung have apparently got all the first lot of the 835 processor)
Ram: 6GB
Screen: 5.7" QHD
Wireless charging (apparently)
A NON removable battery

lgfront_zpsay3wmagm.jpg

Picture showing sim card slot. Which looks like it will have a micro SD slot as well.
LG-G6-leaked_zpsdtbepltk.jpg

The phone will also apparently have Google Assistant.

Soldato
OP
There's a lot to be said for the Software optimisation of the SoC too.

Call me a naive Pixel owner :p but I would bet a fair chunk that the Pixel with it's 821 will still be snappier and more responsive than any other flagship in 2017 with an 835 once the respective manufacturers plaster their UI all over Android.

And to echo a comment further up, LG's software isn't great. I've owned LG, Sony, Samsung, HTC and now Pixel and LG always stood out as the worst for me.

I honestly wish manufacturers would just keep it stock Android and add a few useful features like OP or Motorola do. There's no need for a skin now as Stock Android is great.

Soldato
OP
ebilcake;30479426 said:
that only works if you put your phone screen side down which goes against common sense.

Not at all. I've had a 6P for over a year and think the rear fingerprint scanner is in the perfect place. It's right where I put one of my fingers when I'm holding my phone.

Soldato
OP
LG have put a 4000mah battery in one of their cheaper phones that's getting released this year. Hopefully they have enough sense to put one in this phone as well.

Soldato
OP
Why would anybody spend £700 on this phone when you can get the OP3T for £400? Sure this phone has a couple of improved things like the camera and screen resolution but it's not £300 better.

Soldato
OP
Argos have this on their website for £650. Far too much IMO. As stated above it's not that much better than the OP3T. And it's certainly not as good as the S8 to be priced £40 less.

Soldato
OP
not a lot. apparently no wireless charging and no quad DAC.

We have been shafted which is why the price absolutely need to a lot cheaper than the S8.
Why do LG, and other manufacturers, think it's OK to remove features for different markets when the market leader - Samsung - keeps their the phones the same for everybody? :confused:

Soldato
OP
Yeah sim free price, many will opt to buy the S8 for a few quid more

If it really is £650 then you may as well pay the extra £40 and get the S8 which is a much better phone.
I think the price is going to be high as LG have still not given us an official price for the UK and the phone is out in a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom