****LG G6****

Soldato
Import will drop in price to around £500 in a few months, 64GB and Quad DAC on the Korean one. The bloatware you can either uninstall or hide, there's also the possibility of 4G support or lack of it on some carrier issues. Mine works fine on EE, 76Mbps DL and 38Mbps ul, although O2 might be an issue.

Soldato
Import will drop in price to around £500 in a few months, 64GB and Quad DAC on the Korean one. The bloatware you can either uninstall or hide, there's also the possibility of 4G support or lack of it on some carrier issues. Mine works fine on EE, 76Mbps DL and 38Mbps ul, although O2 might be an issue.

is the warranty usable here?

Soldato
Of course we all know the warranty issues when importing phones, but most importers will act as a proxy, I've got 12 months with mine which obviously means sending it back to Hong Kong if the needs arises but better than nothing.

Associate
mikeyaj - a secondary camera over a finicky phone based heart rate sensor any day of the weak.

When people are asked what is their most important set of features on a phone, a good camera comes way up the list before a ****** heart rate sensor.

Yet the LG g series isn't selling and the g4 g5 and now g6 does have a great camera.

Associate
It isn't selling well because LG have **** marketing skills.

that's not samsung's fault.

even if lg had the budget and the same marketing team, the lg would still sell less.

they make products that are simply not as good.

the lg g6 is good but the s8 simply looks better and gives the public what they want even though it's overpriced the lg is overpriced but offers no standout feature, no matter how many times people have a tantrum and say dual camera.

Soldato

even if lg had the budget and the same marketing team, the lg would still sell less.

the lg g6 is good but the s8 simply looks better and gives the public what they want even though it's overpriced the lg is overpriced but offers no standout feature, no matter how many times people have a tantrum and say dual camera.

The only person having a tantrum is you.

And nobody disputed your other claims above.

Soldato

I've owned a couple of Samsung TV's- I wouldn't buy another. Good panels, but lousy in processing, usually bugs, or faulty hardware problems, cannot be fixed or software, or if they attempt a fix, it introduces other problems.

Although saying that I'm using a Samsung monitor which I've been happy with.

Soldato
people who care about a wide angle lense go a buy a camera, they aren't idiots. the lg g6 isn't going to appeal to people who take lots of pictures and value this feature. they will buy a camera.

I don't quite know where you get this from, along with a lot of the other stuff you're on about tbh. A decent camera is high on people's lists of what they want. I'm not sure a heart rate monitor even gets a look in.

I had almost 200 responses, I got feedback on a few things people look for that I didn't cover, heart rate monitor was not one of them -

Soldato
OP
not a lot. apparently no wireless charging and no quad DAC.

We have been shafted which is why the price absolutely need to a lot cheaper than the S8.
Why do LG, and other manufacturers, think it's OK to remove features for different markets when the market leader - Samsung - keeps their the phones the same for everybody? :confused:

Associate
I don't quite know where you get this from, along with a lot of the other stuff you're on about tbh. A decent camera is high on people's lists of what they want. I'm not sure a heart rate monitor even gets a look in.

I had almost 200 responses, I got feedback on a few things people look for that I didn't cover, heart rate monitor was not one of them -

Great camera yes...... Wide angle lenses no.

Don't confuse the 2

Why is Samsung and apple pushing the health tech? Because there is demand for these apps to work in conjunction with tech on your phone and watch.

Health is an added feature that mobile tech has right now. It's there specifically for a certain market.

If you're health conscious it makes sense.

If you want a great camera buy a great camera and\or a great smartphone camera.

This is in no way linked to dual lenses smartphones.

There is still no real unique market that demands dual lenses. Samsung knows this so didn't feel it was necessary. Maybe next time they will make it an important feature that customer's want. Right now LG aren't making it into a big deal. The public don't give a ****

Last edited:
Associate
I've owned a couple of Samsung TV's- I wouldn't buy another. Good panels, but lousy in processing, usually bugs, or faulty hardware problems, cannot be fixed or software, or if they attempt a fix, it introduces other problems.

Although saying that I'm using a Samsung monitor which I've been happy with.

Have no opinion on Samsung TVs . You're best off discussing that in the TV section. Or with somebody who cares about Samsung TVs

Soldato
Great camera yes...... Wide angle lenses no.

Don't confuse the 2

Why is Samsung and apple pushing the health tech? Because there is demand for these apps to work in conjunction with tech on your phone and watch.

Health is an added feature that mobile tech has right now. It's there specifically for a certain market.

If you're health conscious it makes sense.

If you want a great camera buy a great camera and\or a great smartphone camera.

This is in no way linked to dual lenses smartphones.

There is still no real unique market that demands dual lenses. Samsung knows this so didn't feel it was necessary. Maybe next time they will make it an important feature that customer's want. Right now LG aren't making it into a big deal. The public don't give a ****

As I said, I simply disagree. If I want something for health, I buy a Xiaomi Mi Band 2... I don't use my phone for it. Like you say people do when they want a wide angle lens.

Personally, I think you take what you have on your phone at the time. You want as good a lens and as many features as possible. Wide angle is a bonus. It might be important to you. I think there are very few people trying to replace a 'proper' camera with their phone, they just know that most of the time, their phone is what they have on them when they want to take a picture.

Again, where are you getting your information from? I suspect it is simply your opinion, which is fine. I have my opinion too.

Apple seem to think it's about camera features too, going with two different lenses.

Associate
apple isn't known for their camera's

if anybody can find any actual evidence the dual lenses are a deciding factor in a phone i'd like to see it

samsung has had their health stuff in numerous phones now meaning they see a benefit of it in terms of sales

Soldato
apple isn't known for their camera's

Wot? iPhone cameras are always 'there or thereabouts' in terms of being the best available. They ARE well known for this. Unless you mean that they aren't well-known for manufacturing their own camera parts or something.

Back
Top Bottom