****LG G6****

Soldato
Had the G6 a few months overall decent phone BUT the wide-angle lens can be a lottery as to which one you get either 2.01mm the better sharper lens or the 2.09mm less sharp lens that a lot have complained about.

Is this literally a lottery in the UK as they are two different manufactured units or is it dependent upon the region/country/spec you buy?

Soldato
I received my shiny new G6 this morning and so far all is good....except I'm really struggling to get my mobile internet working!?!?

I'm with Three and the internet and MMS settings have been sent OTA and installed but I just can't seem to get it to work! I've checked online to make sure I've got the right APN settings but it just doesn't seem to want to work!

Anyone got any ideas?? (works fine still on my Galaxy S7 BTW!)

Soldato
Does anyone have any recent feedback of the G6 with Oreo? I bought a cheap Chinese Nubia M2, which is fine, but I'm missing the camera quality of my old Lumia 950 and thought the G6 might be worth a go.

Soldato
Mine updated yesterday OTA - I'm with Three if that has any bearing? (although I bought the handset SIM free!)

No major differences that I am too fussed about - the only thing I've noticed is that now there is an annoying dot on the bottom bar to hide the bar itself - not that I actually want to!

Soldato
I quite like the camera - produces some good shots in decent light and as long as the target isn't moving too fast!

The thing I'll miss if I end up switching to something else is the wide angle lens though - its amazing for some shots!

Soldato
Just got my G6 today, refurb from Argos. Spent a while doing many Nougat updates and the last one was about 1800MB or so and now it's on Oreo.

Didn't realise that it didn't have wireless charging, seems like that was only for the US market.

All seems OK with the phone, needing to use the default launcher if I want to use the double tap for off to work. No biggy, does what is needed.

Soldato
Double tap for off works fine on mine and I use Smart Launcher - I've tried going back to other launchers but just find Smart Launcher organises everything just spot on for me!

Soldato
I'll try that launcher, thanks for that.

I bought Nova launcher years ago and been happy enough using that, but the double tap for off doesn't work when using it.

Just figured that this party launchers seem to do this, without root, but they more or less show a black blank screen until the phones time out sleep lock kicks in. Then the finger print scanner still works.
So Nova works as above, not an immediate lock but good enough. The

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom