LG OLED 2023 Thread - A3, B3, C3, G3

Soldato
Had a bit of luck earlier this week.

Was waiting for someone to reduce the 65" C3 at a low price then a company that sells computer stuff, not their main business, so I won't mention them just in case, had it for £1299 plus an automatic 10% off. Then during checkout it said that if I spent £39.99 on their Five Star Membership, probably narrowed it down a bit, I'd get free delivery plus a further £65 off the price. So all told I bought one for £1110.60 and it's being delivered Saturday.

It's now gone back up to £1599 as the starting price. So glad I didn't order a month ago when I first decided to upgrade.

Soldato
Didnt have anything but the new C4 in costco. I cant afford to pay £2k for a TV.

I have found the OLED65C36LC at about £70 more so thinking about that. I am pretty sure i could hold out for a better deal but i might lose out on selling my old one. All good tho.

Soldato
Didnt have anything but the new C4 in costco. I cant afford to pay £2k for a TV.

I have found the OLED65C36LC at about £70 more so thinking about that. I am pretty sure i could hold out for a better deal but i might lose out on selling my old one. All good tho.
65 G2 for under £1100

Last edited:
Soldato
Got my 65” C3 yesterday and it’s a worthy upgrade from my 55” C9 which is now in my bedroom. The worse apps for loading speed, for me, were Plex & Prime Video but now they’re nice and snappy.

Of course I had to set up the picture and one of the first things I alway do on a new TV is go from Warm to Cool, Cool 25 to be exact on the C3. I know Warm is technically more accurate but I don’t like the image. No idea if that’s a side effect of my colour blindness or just me.

The specs for both TVs show the 65” C3 is lighter than the 55” C9. One thing I can attest to is the C9 stand is definitely chunkier than the C3’s as I stubbed a toe on it and that’s not swollen and purple.

Very happy with the new TV.

Soldato
Of course I had to set up the picture and one of the first things I alway do on a new TV is go from Warm to Cool, Cool 25 to be exact on the C3. I know Warm is technically more accurate but I don’t like the image. No idea if that’s a side effect of my colour blindness or just me.

Don't tell me you run cool lights your house too. Bar kitchen or bathroom.

Soldato
Got my 65” C3 yesterday and it’s a worthy upgrade from my 55” C9 which is now in my bedroom. The worse apps for loading speed, for me, were Plex & Prime Video but now they’re nice and snappy.

The specs for both TVs show the 65” C3 is lighter than the 55” C9. One thing I can attest to is the C9 stand is definitely chunkier than the C3’s as I stubbed a toe on it and that’s not swollen and purple.

Very happy with the new TV

You want whites to be a white not blue. Watch video of snow, does it look white or blue? Also BBC news banner should be white but blue tint off white

It's also harder on your eyes.

Soldato
Cool is far too blue for me. If you stop watching artifical blue light sources you will get used to warm or filmmaker modes. Put blue light filter on on your phones and tablets as well.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cool is far too blue for me. If you stop watching artifical blue light sources you will get used to warm or filmmaker modes. Put blue light filter on on your phones and tablets as well.

Yup I noticed default phone colour temp is a bit blue on my phone . Sdjated night mode so white is just slightly yellow and more comfortable on the eyes

Back
Top Bottom