LG OLED 2023 Thread - A3, B3, C3, G3

Soldato
After just over a year with the C3 I still absolutely love this TV. It takes me so long to watch a film as I keep pausing and rewinding haha. I sat down and watched Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3 the other night. These are just snapped on my phone so quality has been lost but man I think the picture is still incredible.

V3-3.jpg

V3-2.jpg

V3-1.jpg

Soldato
After just over a year with the C3 I still absolutely love this TV. It takes me so long to watch a film as I keep pausing and rewinding haha. I sat down and watched Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3 the other night. These are just snapped on my phone so quality has been lost but man I think the picture is still incredible.

V3-3.jpg

V3-2.jpg

V3-1.jpg
Been watching a lot of lot of 80’s films on the g3 and it just keep blowing me away. The amount of detail it’s pulling from the shadows and detail on puppets and practical special effects is superb!

Soldato
Looks stunning @Firegod. Have you done much tweaking?

I found a guide on Reddit with recommending settings which I think I’ll follow on Wednesday when I have time.

Unless there are some quick wins.
Thanks. No not at all which is quite refreshing. I'll post up the settings when I get a mo for you. Hopefully tomorrow.

Reactions: Kol
Soldato
Anyone know what the difference between the c3 evo and c4 is ?

C4 is more than double the price, is it that much better ?
C4 is a bit brighter in HDR. C4 has just been released so its expensive right now vs what its actually worth. Either take a look at the G4 or stick with the cheaper C3.

Soldato

C3 and C4 have very similar CPUs. Only the G4 has a substantially upgraded chip. This might not make a huge difference but might in 3-4 years, if you use a lot of the inbuilt features and apps. LG will be delivering full OS updates from now on so might be relevant, might not be for your uses.

Soldato

C4 is supposed be a bit brighter than the C3.

The green tint when viewing off-access looks poor though, never seen that on an OLED before.

Soldato
Looks stunning @Firegod. Have you done much tweaking?

I found a guide on Reddit with recommending settings which I think I’ll follow on Wednesday when I have time.

Unless there are some quick wins.
Hey! So on an an ultra HD blu ray I have that source set to a cinema mode (custom). 16:9 aspect with just scan on.

Brightness and contrast 100. Black level 55. Dynamic contrast off. Tone mapping on. Expression enhancer off (is this a new setting?!). Peak brightness high. Video range auto and eye care off.

All colour settings untouched.

Sharpness 10. Super resolution off. Noise/mpeg on low. Gradation on high. Trumotion on cinematic.

Thatll probs annoy many purists haha.

Again taken from phone...

GG-vol3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Kol
Back
Top Bottom