LG OLED 2024 thread - A4, B4, C4, G4

Soldato
Had the 55" LG CX that I've primarily used for console gaming (PS5 & Series X) since 2020 and I've never even debated replacing it, but may took a look at the G3/G4 upon release, I'll wait for some real world reviews and weigh it up.
Same. Same as other tech like mobiles, they have reached a point where the annual releases just don't really add anything. I waited for the CX as it had the 4 VRR 4k120 inputs, that's all I need. If it crapped out I'd replace it with the latest model but otherwise....

Soldato
OP
G4 takes the brightness crown this year

Here is with all TVs in filmmaker mode

Here shows ABL with static content after 5 minutes

And lastly a comparison between the s95d and g4 with both TVs in Vivid mode for maximum brightness output

In summary it doesn't matter which mode it's in, the g4 is dominant this year, beating all OLED comers easily

Last edited:
Soldato
These appear to have hit the market! Received our retail samples today.

I've yet to unbox the G4 but if I understand it we'll need to find legs for it...

Last edited:
Soldato
G4 with new new A11 chip seems to be just the ticket. Refined processing for HDR and motion. Just all round perfect.

Will keep an eye out for a deal come xmas/new years

Soldato
G4 takes the brightness crown this year

Here is with all TVs in filmmaker mode

Here shows ABL with static content after 5 minutes

And lastly a comparison between the s95d and g4 with both TVs in Vivid mode for maximum brightness output

In summary it doesn't matter which mode it's in, the g4 is dominant this year, beating all OLED comers easily

Even on my C9 it's way too bright. I really don't like the default HDR settings, oled and contrast at 100, and there is another mode I think peak brightness, I reduce them all. HDR still works it's just not at eye painfully bright.

Soldato
I've had my G4 for around 3 weeks now and it's blown me away. Even coming from a G2 the brightness is very noticeable and dark scenes look so much better on the G4. Yes it's an incremental upgrade but for for me the G2 was the best tv I've owned, very happy with mine. Got it for £2049 and sold my soundbar for £250 which was free so £1800 for a new model isn't bad at all!

Soldato
Would love a G4 but I wanted to jump from 65" to 83". I have had mine B6 for a good few years now.

RS have got some very good discounts at the min. Ive just ordered the 83" C4 with £1,600 off.

I know I could have got a 77" G4 for less money but I wanted the bigger screen, and the 83" G4 was a big jump.

Last edited:
Soldato
Would love a G4 but I wanted to jump from 65" to 83". I have had mine B6 for a good few years now.

RS have got some very good discounts at the min. Ive just ordered the 83" C4 with £1,600 off.

I know I could have got a 77" G4 for less money but I wanted the bigger screen, and the 83" G4 was a big jump.
Did you pay £4399?

You can get the C4 83" for £3821 from LG direct if you game the referal code and refer yourself. RS should price match it. Also they will wall mount it for free.

Also 83" G4 is available for £4458 on the same deal.

Last edited:
Soldato
What stands are available for such large TV's, 77" and 83"? Would have liked 77" but the one I have is limited to this size (and in fact I think it doesn't rate it at 65") but for weight it's ok, just not really advertised that it's ok for 65".

Soldato
Did you pay £4399?

You can get the C4 83" for £3821 from LG direct if you game the referal code and refer yourself. RS should price match it. Also they will wall mount it for free.

Thanks!, I managed to cancel my order and looking into this now. Thanks again :D

Soldato
What stands are available for such large TV's, 77" and 83"? Would have liked 77" but the one I have is limited to this size (and in fact I think it doesn't rate it at 65") but for weight it's ok, just not really advertised that it's ok for 65".

Currently looking for one as I cant find the G4 with one included. Sanus do one that will hold up to 85" and there is a FITUEYES 50-85 inch Tabletop TV Stand on the next day site.

Soldato
Did you pay £4399?

Looked into this and I just can't see the prices you are quoting. LG direct are doing 20% off. So that's the 83" C4 for £4,799.98. The 83" G4 is £5,99.98.

I did the whole 'refer-a-friend thing', got the code for an extra 10% but it doesn't let you use it if you are already using the 20% code.

So not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

Back
Top Bottom