LG OLED 2024 thread - A4, B4, C4, G4

Looked into this and I just can't see the prices you are quoting. LG direct are doing 20% off. So that's the 83" C4 for £4,799.98. The 83" G4 is £5,99.98.

I did the whole 'refer-a-friend thing', got the code for an extra 10% but it doesn't let you use it if you are already using the 20% code.

So not sure what I'm doing wrong here.
Play around with the codes, deselect the football 20% off and apply the refer a friend first.

7gcHaIt.png

Also make sure it's a new account for the 5% sign up bonus.

Last edited:
Tried 4 times now. I can get the 20% and the 5% signup, but I just cant get the 10% referral to be accepted. It knocks over £1,700 off the price but its still over 5k which it more than I want to spend. Shame the 77" is out of stock with LG as with those discounts I would have snapped it up.

Finally all got 3 of the codes working :D, but now the 83" G4 is out of stock :mad:

Decided against the C4 due to the green tint off acess viewing, and the 77" G4 I dont think is a big enough difference from my 65"

Ill keep checking now and then for G4 stock, they seem to go in and out quite a bit.

Finally all got 3 of the codes working :D, but now the 83" G4 is out of stock :mad:

Decided against the C4 due to the green tint off acess viewing, and the 77" G4 I dont think is a big enough difference from my 65"

Ill keep checking now and then for G4 stock, they seem to go in and out quite a bit.
How do you do this mate?

How do you do this mate?

I am not sure, just constant trying of various combinations. The code it wouldn't accept for ages was the 10% refer a friend one. I ended up sticking the code into notepad just to make sure I wasn't adding any spaces etc to it. Then the next time I visited the LG site. I logged in straight away before adding anything to the cart. Then on checkout copied and pasted from notepad, and boom. Once the codes are accepted (making sure you have logged in first) they stay on your account. I would be quick though, there is only 1 day left on the football discount which is the biggest one.

Well I had narrowed it down to these ones. Prices below are with all 3 discount codes. (The C3 and G3 only get the 10% Football discount, the newer TVs have 20%)

LG C3 - 83" £2,792.25
LG C4 - 83" £3,821.98
LG G3 - 83" £3,527.25
LG G4 - 83" £4,458.98
LG G4 - 77" £2,866.48

I popped round my brothers yesterday as he picked up a 55" G3 the other week. I was expecting to be blown away by how much better it was than my now 7 year old 65" B6 but I was left a tad underwhelmed. Don't get me wrong it was a lovely picture, but it wasn't the huge jump I was expecting. If you put the super bright content on like YouTube with all neon streamer lighting it was clearly much brighter, but when watching say Dolby vision content, the improvements were far more subtle. I was also expecting to be amazed by the reflection suppression but again found it just a bit better than the B or C range.

Most of my viewing is films at night, dark room, no lights. most content is in 4k and Dolby Vision where possible. So a super bright daytime viewing picture would be barely used by me.

To be fair though had the 83" G4 been in stock then I think I would have gone for that. I didn't want to settle for 77". The 83" G3 doesn't have the MLA screen so I didn't think it was worth paying the premium. Plus the Gs I would need to buy the stand for, which is £199 from RS.

I was hoping that stock would come in for the G4, but time had all but run out on the biggest discount code.

So it was down to the C3 and C4 83". After watching far too many bloody YouTube reviews and reading what I could. It was the off-access green tint on some reviews for the C4 that swung it. I just ordered the C3.

TV arrives Thursday. My 65" B6 is still working flawlessly, and since having the whole panel replaced by LG last year looks as good as it did when I bought it a long time ago. Ill stick that in the spare room upstairs that I'm turning into a little movie/games room for the kids. If I can get 6-7 years out of the C3 I will be more than happy.

77 G4 arriving tomorrow.

Anyone got any stand recommendations?

Sanus VSTV2-B2

or

LG SR-G3WU8377

The second one is the Pedestal Stand for 77 and 83 inch LG OLED G3 and G2 TV, but it also fits the G4. It does put the screen on a bit of a lean though.

Both can be bought at RS

Last edited:
Reactions: D3K
You nailed it tbh. Once you have a decent OLED the upgrade path is just subtle improvements.

I still adore my C9 and really just want better motion handling. I also prefer the old stand design vs the new.

I am not sure, just constant trying of various combinations. The code it wouldn't accept for ages was the 10% refer a friend one. I ended up sticking the code into notepad just to make sure I wasn't adding any spaces etc to it. Then the next time I visited the LG site. I logged in straight away before adding anything to the cart. Then on checkout copied and pasted from notepad, and boom. Once the codes are accepted (making sure you have logged in first) they stay on your account. I would be quick though, there is only 1 day left on the football discount which is the biggest one.

For whatever reason it just wouldn't accept the 10% refer a friend code no matter what I tried. I ended up purchasing the 65" G4 with the 20% and 5% discounts and I'll be raising a ticket tomorrow as it just kept saying my code was invalid and that's a big additional discount I've missed out on.

I'd have probably taken advantage of the soundbar offer at 50% off if it had worked but the one I wanted was out of stock anyway. Just hoping my Samsung surround system works well with it?

Still can't wait till Friday, this will be the biggest most expensive tv I've ever owned and a huge huge upgrade for me from my 55" 2018 Samsung QLED that's served me well and still going strong. That's getting relocated to the bedroom I think.

For whatever reason it just wouldn't accept the 10% refer a friend code no matter what I tried. I ended up purchasing the 65" G4 with the 20% and 5% discounts and I'll be raising a ticket tomorrow as it just kept saying my code was invalid and that's a big additional discount I've missed out on.

I'd have probably taken advantage of the soundbar offer at 50% off if it had worked but the one I wanted was out of stock anyway. Just hoping my Samsung surround system works well with it?

Still can't wait till Friday, this will be the biggest most expensive tv I've ever owned and a huge huge upgrade for me from my 55" 2018 Samsung QLED that's served me well and still going strong. That's getting relocated to the bedroom I think.

Your samsung soundbar will work. But why wouldn't you want to spend a couple of hundred thousand pounds on system with as many speakers as this? ;-)

If you have the space and funds for a AVR + speakers I would recommend it. You don't have to go nuts, even a budget system is very good. ie Q Acounstic 3030i/3020i 5.1 or Wharfedale Diamond 5.1

Oh don't worry, I'll be upgrading that down the line a little. As it stands though my current setup still sounds fantastic to me so I'm not in a huge rush

LG really making things difficult! The 10% code works on their end but not here, they've said that it does stack with the 20% and 5% codes but if I cancel my order I'll lose the 5% code if I reorder but they can add that on once I've placed the new order but can't do that for the 10% for some reason, but they agree I should get that on this order. They where supposed to ring me back today but haven't so tomorrow I'm on the war path. I will be getting that discount applied or getting the amount refunded.

Pretty cheesed off with LG, promised me a 10% refund to make up for the referral code not working that I've still not received and now I've received a damaged ******* tv!

Had the free install and set up but they left the screen peel for me, the damage is just to the frame, which was hidden by the peel tab, and only noticed after they left. Been straight on to customer service and still waiting on a bloody response.

That aside I'm totally blown away by the picture quality, brightness etc genuinely pleased I didn't go with the 77" it wouldn't of fit lol

20240614-153855.jpg

Evening all

I’ve had my C1 (can’t find the C1 thread, so putting this here :)) in the last few days my tv has started to restart itself, I’ve changed from Sky puck to our Fire stick and it keeps doing the same, should I factory reset it? I got it from Richer Sounds with the 5 year cover got it back in 2022 I think ….

Thanks

Didn’t realise this thread existed. Recently broke my Panasonic GT50 (plasma) so took a deep dive into new TV tech a got an 55” LG G4. Came with a free G1 soundbar too.

Very impressed so far! Deep blacks were a big + of plasmas back in the day, but this is another couple of leagues in front!

Back
Top Bottom