LG Oled CX 48" Is An Incredible Ultrawide Experience And Here's Why

Associate
Running this monitor at 3840x1600 is a 45" insane ultrawide experience, even better than my old Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ which was one of the best ultra-wides.

You do not even notice the top and bottom of the screen being black as the pixels are off.

To get HDR to work on custom resolutions, you need to use CRU to add the resolution to NVidia control panel.

Why is it the best?

3840x1600p at 45 inches
Amazing PPI for a large display
Gsync or Free-sync
120hz
Oled nothing beats this picture, nothing
1ms
Infinite blacks and contrast

Also, same panel to use PS5 or Series X

Does anyone else run ultra-wide on big TV's?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Amazing PPI? Not really. The same PPI as a 24” 1080p screen. Most modern desktop screens are much better than that nowadays.

not denying it’s a great screen, because it is. And the benefits you list I agree with. but imo it’s not a good desktop monitor choice. Ok if you’re just gaming and watching movies but for other uses it’s not great. Limited stand and adjustments, no DP connection makes usage tricky unless you also have a top end GFX card, burn in concerns, uneven long term OLED degradation (esp if you’re running black bars a lot of the time), annoying ABL feature… to name a few

It's the same PPI as it would be for 4K at 48" which is good for a big screen, nobody that's interested in big ultrawides or big screens is bother about a 24" monitor, that is tiny.

I'm basically pointing out how good this screen is for ultra-wide, having lots of experience owning ultra-wides like x34, x34P PG35VQ

Last edited:
Associate
OP
There’s a potential risk of degradation in brightness and colour at different rates if you do it a lot, but unlikely to be a major issue for most users. But if you nearly always have the black bars it could become a concern

You speak like I use the CX purely for PC gaming, Spoiler I don't

I also watch Disney+ Netflix daily PS5 and sometime series X with the kids

Associate
OP
I wasn’t aiming my post at you, I was talking in general about how using it in the way you suggested could be a potential concern to some users in the more extreme cases. And I said that to most people it isn’t likely to be a problem. it was in answer to Minstadave’s and Haggisman’s posts :)
Oled burn hasn't been a concern on Oled tv's for a couple of years. Far too many measures built in now to protect them, I suggest you do some research on them Via Rtings HDTv etc

Back
Top Bottom