LG to Introduce 34-inch IPS 21:9 UltraWide (Model UM95) monitor

Associate
Just for giggles (got new phone), this is how my 95 looks

brightness @5 (calibrated @66 cd/m2)
I left the bright white in the middle to counter the overexposure, so it looks like the real deal.
So if it gets messed up during some kind of technical intervention I have a lot to lose :p

Soldato
I've been offered one of these for £400, I viewed it today and it is stunning. Really in 2 minds whether or not to get it. Honestly what's the input lag and pixel response like for an fps player?

Associate
http://www.prad.de/new/news/shownews_tft8136.html

"LG will update the firmware of various 21: 9 monitors with a new firmware. The latest version is now 3.16. Ready to models for an update is include: 34UM95, 34UM65, 34UC97 and more. All models with production date of 2015 already have the latest firmware. The most important innovation is that the monitors now in the PBP operating remember the settings.

Unfortunately, the new firmware can not be updated by the users themselves. The submission to the LG service is unfortunately necessary. According to LG, the whole process for the customer but should be cost neutral. To get the firmware update, please send an online form or by phone at 01806 115411 (€ 0,20 / per call from a landline of DTAG, mobile max € 0.60 / per call.) directly to the LG service".

God that feels like a pain to do. Depends what this firmware does before I think it's worth doing or not...

Associate
I emailed the support about this...they replied with a generic "call the support", which makes me think that they are clueless :p If someone wants to try...

@mrk: could that guy from LG Germany, if I recall correctly, that contacted you about your issues some time ago help with this?

Soldato
I wonder if this new firmware update will also impact Dell's U3415W which uses the same panel? In fact, I'm wondering if that's the reason it's release has been delayed possibly pending a firmware revision?

Hmmm :confused:

Caporegime
I wonder if the 29" models will get firmware updates...... it would be nice to know what exactly they have fixed/improved first!

Don't think I will bother either way though as I will be picking up a g/free sync screen in the next few months anyway and knowing LG, it will take forever to get the screen back...

Associate
Just ordered one of these - use Photoshop for architecture stuff so did not want to chance distorted straight lines.

The PC is used for both games and photo stuff - do you think a GTX 770 will be man enough for it? Not seen any specific reviews of 34" 21:9 and such cards. the main game at present is Elite Dangerous - not a particularly stressful one.

Man of Honour
The factory calibration isn't 100% accurate, as per most factory calibrations. You wouldn't tell the difference though without calibrating manually using a compatible probe via LG True Color Finder. They also calibrated using the HDMI port and not DP, which you should be using for PC connections.

Back
Top Bottom