LG UltraGear Monitor 38GN950P

Spot on. I always do this, get mad ideas in my head, umm and ahh about it for ages then end up doing nothing :D

I'm the same as you mate, takes me a while to make a decision on something like this, mainly because I try and get the most value and longevity out of a product that I can, I bought an Acer X34 on release around 8 years ago so I've enjoyed 21:9, 100hz, 3440x1440 for the best part of nearly a decade, only now that oled is out do I feel things have finally starting to really improve upon what I already have, but then you still have burn-in to consider for high desktop usage.

I love OLED, had an OLED TV for years but I'm just not sure it's ready for the PC market yet where your going to be displaying a considerable amount of static content, I'm also considering the 38GN950P because I really want my next upgrade to be a 38" ultrawide. We should be getting some OLED ones later this year @ 3840x1600 but I don't think they are going to be cheap, and I just can't imagine any OLED for desktop usage lasting more than 5 years without burn-in, not on current gen tech at least.

Last edited:
Associate
My main worries are that the additional 4" and screen space won't be that much in reality and also the switch from full G-Sync to Freesync concerns me a bit.

It has a 21:0 aspect ratio so the extra vertical real estate makes it an excellent productivity monitor IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom