• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

LHR cards now unlockable for mining?

Soldato
OP
They do zero research for them is all about the volume of articles that generate clicks.
Tomshardware at least usually uses take with
A grain or spoon or bucket of salt
Quite liberally in their articles that may not be verified
Yet nothing like that or a warning that this could be
Potentially dangerous from a security point of view or from
Risk to hardware point of view from them
I guess in a few days we will find out the answer
Once people have independently been able to test it

Soldato
They do zero research for them is all about the volume of articles that generate clicks.

Glad you watched the video i linked.

RPM says the poster of the software literally appeared on the internet for this 7 days ago, that`s github, telegram, discord - everything. And to wait until the software is actually released and it can be independently checked before going bat apeshit buying up LHR cards. Again.

Soldato
Glad you watched the video i linked.

RPM says the poster of the software literally appeared on the internet for this 7 days ago, that`s github, telegram, discord - everything. And to wait until the software is actually released and it can be independently checked before going bat apeshit buying up LHR cards. Again.
Why would I watch the video you linked? I don't own an LHR card neither I'm interested in mining. I was just commenting on the fact that tech websites do zero research most of the time.

Soldato
Why would I watch the video you linked? I don't own an LHR card neither I'm interested in mining. I was just commenting on the fact that tech websites do zero research most of the time.

Its called sarcasm, because your own question show you didnt bother, as all your points were countered in the videos. For example, RPM has a list of why he thinks its a scam, starting with , why are the drivers hosted on a private server and why is it 1 bios for every single RTX 30 series cards?

Associate
Its called sarcasm, because your own question show you didnt bother, as all your points were countered in the videos. For example, RPM has a list of why he thinks its a scam, starting with , why are the drivers hosted on a private server and why is it 1 bios for every single RTX 30 series cards?

It's a software made by ruski magician

Soldato
OP
The drivers are on a private server because
Github only allows files up to 50mb
Without having to go through some extra procedures
To be allowed to put bigger files on there
Nvidia drivers are hundreds of mb
That part kind of makes sense
But yes there's red flags for sure but no definite answer
Until the actual exe file is on github
So people can test what it's actually doing
But yes it's not something to rush into
Until its been independently tested obviously in a secure environment
Am just surprised at tomshardware article not showing
Their usual cautious warnings that it's not been verified

Soldato
Nvidia bios is encrypted and locked. Anyone claims he can modify the bios is just a non-starter and scam full stop.

you can flash one GPU bios to another that’s about it. Try to edit it or whatever no chance.

hopium is running high in the mining community

Soldato
OP
Yeah it's coming up as fake/malicious now
Seeing reports the download it fetches comes up with
17 positives on virustotal website
and the lhr v2 server went quickly offline
for the moment anyway
Tomshardware have changed their tune quickly
For such a respected site
Their initial article was pretty irresponsible tbh

Soldato
Tomshardware is known for its rumour mill articles. Someone said earlier they don’t do their journalistic vetting.

many people in the mining scene just want to believe that there is an unlock and willing to take a chance on it regardless of the risk whether they are aware of the level of risk involved.

anyway crypto has dumped hard, so hopefully some decently priced cards on the second hand market

Back
Top Bottom