Lian Li O11D- Mini....(latest post with AIO Up top in ATX format)

Soldato
damn ... https://www.hardwareluxx.ru/index.p...-o11d-mini-lancool-ii-mesh-i-lancool-315.html

though personally think they should have ditched ATX support to trim some height off , wouldn't of fitted a 60mm thick rad up top but 45mm would have been plenty!

lian_li_ces_2020_01_921CD08A5EB4464AA8E5AB33ACB3ACC0.jpg

lian_li_ces_2020_02_F5F10A31F1274F4B80F17326D073D93B.jpg

lian_li_ces_2020_03_9564AF79D80F467D96275A85F77CE468.jpg

69740_02_lian-li-unveils-pc011d-mini-shrinking-award-winning-pco11d_full.jpg

69740_04_lian-li-unveils-pc011d-mini-shrinking-award-winning-pco11d_full.jpg

from looking at it , SFX PSU chamber so 63.5mm Chamber vs 86mm for standard ATX PSU .
Houses a 120mm at the back so using the XL main chamber sizing leaves this roughly 265mm Wide so 10mm slimmer then standard Dynamic and 22.5mm slimmer then XL

Standard Dynamic Height is about 446mm , so knock off the 60mm clearance height in it for thick rads , Plus take away a PCI slot (18mm) as its now 7 vs 8 = rough height of 368mm odd in height

Soldato
I was hoping for an O11D Mini :D

I'm feeling a little pang of disappointment though. I was hoping for something the size of the old PC-Q37 or Q39. Guru3D are reporting the O11D-M as being 38 litres which makes it 10 and 8 litres larger than the two discontinued cases (and only ~8.5L smaller than the standard O11D).

However, radiator support is far better than the Q37/39. And there's Micro ATX and ATX support, which is a nice bonus. The screen on the front is intriguing. And the quoted "99" (dollars?) price sounds good to me.

Best Micro ATX case on the market?

It's looks small enough to fit my desk (a problem for the standard O11D). So unless something better pops up in the meantime, this will be my next case. I look forward to more info.

Last edited:
Soldato
check out those psu cables!!! Not a fan of the rainbow puke but if you can switch them to different solid colours with the animation would look amazing for some watercooled builds!

Big fan of the new uni fan concept, cable management will be a lot better! Like a jungle back there at the moment.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Looks good, I wonder if it will have greater clearance for Air coolers and GPU's than the O11.

like the XL version, with 120mm fan at rear , means it'll be able to handle
CPU coolers up to a height of 167 mm
< taken from XL listing

standard Dynamic which could only manage 92mm fan is
CPU cooler that is up to 155 mm in height

key bit being having an AIB wider GPU with a waterblock , which is were the Dynamic failed unless you mounted vertically

Associate
I'm not really into RBG but there is something great about the cable. Really tempted...
Problem is I'd end up just staring at it for ages.

Soldato
I do find myself wondering if the SFX PSU requirement was really necessary. They seem to have increased the size of the main chamber by roughly the difference in height between an SFX and ATX PSU...

I expect most would sooner buy a shorter CPU cooler or swap to an AIO than change PSU.

Soldato
OP
I do find myself wondering if the SFX PSU requirement was really necessary. They seem to have increased the size of the main chamber by roughly the difference in height between an SFX and ATX PSU...

I expect most would sooner buy a shorter CPU cooler or swap to an AIO than change PSU.

Chamber is same as XL to include 120mm fan which may/may not be needed .

Good vid, was seriously considering this as my next case but the vid says SFX PSU only! that's a killer for me. Can't justify a new PSU just for a case.

Humbug, always 2 steps forward and one step back for Lian Li.

So close to perfection but they just never quite get there.

The original ITX had SFX PSU, then they brought out another version with ATX PSU that had a solid front panel .

Looks like they are trying to hit everything as once .
Personally think the chamber size should have been same as standard Dynamic with 92mm fan but this wouldn't of allowed wider AIB cards with waterblocks as normal horizontal fitting

Soldato
Chamber is same as XL to include 120mm fan which may/may not be needed .

The original ITX had SFX PSU, then they brought out another version with ATX PSU that had a solid front panel .

Looks like they are trying to hit everything as once .
Personally think the chamber size should have been same as standard Dynamic with 92mm fan but this wouldn't of allowed wider AIB cards with waterblocks as normal horizontal fitting

Hadn't thought of those reasons for the larger chamber.

I guess the SFX PSU isn't a bad compromise. Though as with many others, it does mean I'll have to change PSUs to get this. And that was one of the things which put me off the TU150.

Soldato
I wonder how many SFX PSU's they've tested. The cables are often quite a bit shorter than those on ATX power supplies, so some of the runs in this case could be pushing it...

Back
Top Bottom